Redmi 3 Pro Users Using Miui 8?

MIUI8, would you recommend it to other REDMI 3 PRO users?

• Total voters

Zoyeah

Members
May 5, 2016
how do you find it with our phone specs? over all performance? would you recommend it to others or wait for future updates? kindly post your current miui 8 version too. thanks!

Runs smoothly with latest version 6.6.23..
Second profile and apps clone works great.
But i still miss calculator widget :(....

Reactions: Zoyeah
Runs smoothly with latest version 6.6.23..
Second profile and apps clone works great.
But i still miss calculator widget :(....
wow that's good to hear! what a bummer regarding the calculator widget though :(

Iam using the MIUI 8 without problems since yesterday. I have no comparison to other builds as it is the 1st version Iam using on that device. No errors until now. Btw. it is rooted.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-06-29-02-29-55-891_com.android.settings[1].png
    Screenshot_2016-06-29-02-29-55-891_com.android.settings[1].png
    91.8 KB · Views: 367
Hopefully we have 3GB of RAM, only 1.7 after boot.
But as already said, no errors and it works fine.

Iam using the MIUI 8 without problems since yesterday. I have no comparison to other builds as it is the 1st version Iam using on that device. No errors until now. Btw. it is rooted.
nice! good to know it's rooted aswell! thanks!

Hopefully we have 3GB of RAM, only 1.7 after boot.
But as already said, no errors and it works fine.
Hope having 1.7 ram wont affect the performance that much. Any thoughts about the battery life compared to miui 7? thanks!

Well with 4G on I can use it one entire day with 20% at the end of the day :)

Envoyé de mon Redmi 3 en utilisant Tapatalk

My impression is that I have a higher battery consumption (around 30%) and less performance.

1.7 GB RAM I can't confirm:

Screenshot_2016-06-30-14-37-24-764_com.cpuid.cpu_z.jpg

Antutu gives me 27.9k as maximum vs. 38.3k on MIUI 7

Screenshot_2016-06-27-15-54-53-884_com.antutu.ABenchMark.png

Screenshot_2016-06-18-11-47-33_com.antutu.ABenchMark.png

I had a TWRP backup made just before starting the first MIUI 8 upgrade, so I just restored it - well first I made a Titanium Backup of all apps, copied it to my laptop, then made the restore, deleted the old Titanium Backup and copied the new one to the phone. After booting it was just running Titanium and after all was through a reboot.

I had a TWRP backup made just before starting the first MIUI 8 upgrade, so I just restored it - well first I made a Titanium Backup of all apps, copied it to my laptop, then made the restore, deleted the old Titanium Backup and copied the new one to the phone. After booting it was just running Titanium and after all was through a reboot.
Oh ok, well I'll try to backup my apps within miui 8 and we'll see, but finally I'm very disappointed about some point in miui, such as the fact of being obliged to use two fingers to expand notifications, and that sometimes they don't appear even with good settings...

Envoyé de mon Redmi 3 en utilisant Tapatalk

So what version of miui7 are you using at the moment? im planning to go back to EU dev 6.5.5 myself (yeah i don't mind wiping my data). i hope miui8 gets usable in the near future. :)

I use "ManhIT_Redmi3.PRO_Multi_6.5.12_v7-5.1_Global_Locked_UL.zip" which I found best...

I use "ManhIT_Redmi3.PRO_Multi_6.5.12_v7-5.1_Global_Locked_UL.zip" which I found best...
Oh so you're using a non-EU rom. How different is it from eu rom? English Language? No Chinese apps? Thanks for your inputs sir

With .eu ROMs I always had issues that the bootloader locked again after flashing so I had to unlock.
This ROM is vietnamese made, but covers all eu languages, has no chinese apps and no issues I know of.
Just some international languages like Bahasa Indonesia are not covered.