Redmi 4 Can Not Access Internal Storage

PPrimoz

Members
Jan 7, 2017
Hello!

Recently I bought Redmi 4. I managed to unlock bootloader, install the TWRP and then install the EU MIUI version 6.12.22. The strange thing was that there were quite some bugs as follows:

- in camera app, when I made a picture, this picture wasn't saved. In the app it said something like insert a SD card...even if I inserted a SD card, this message persisted.

- the google play store was crashing a lot. While I was able to install some apps, many apps did not want to install, for instance Chrome. I also managed to install the Here We Go, but as I started this app it crashed.

Okay, I said there must be problem with accessing the internal storage. My suspicions were confirmed when I launched the file manager there were no files in the internal storage. The same was when I connected the phone to the PC. No files in the internal storage.

When the next version came out, 6.12.29, I updated the Redmi 4 through the updater app. The zip of this version was copied to the SD card. What surprised me...that the problem with internal storage access disappeared! All apps were working as should, I was also managed to save pictures to internal storage. I was very happy!

Then I had to give the Redmi 4 to my GF. I wanted to make a factory reset, that's why I went to TWRP and I wiped Dalvik/Art Cache, Data, Internal storage and Cache. I rebooted the phone and started with the procedure in order to manage google account, wifi, fingerprint etc. But! It happened that Redmi 4 was unable to access internal storage. I said okay, I will use SD card in order to install the newest MIUI EU 7.1.5. I did this, but the problem persisted! Right now I am clueless what to do in order to access internal storage. With the phone in this state my GF can't take pictures, can't use many apps, google play crashes a lot.

That is why, could you please provide me with some information what to to? Once I was able to overcome with this problem, but right now I need some help, because the step that I learnt is not working :(.

Kind regards!

It would be of great help if you could provide us with a logcat. (In the meantime, try fixing selinux contexts on TWRP, that might even help)

Could you please provide me some link with instructions on how to fix selinux contexts on TWRP? I will provide you a logcat.