Redmi 4x Problem: "your Device Is Associated With An Existing Mi Account"

Luis2u4u

Members
May 8, 2014
Hi. I bought a Xiaomi Redmi 4X couple of weeks ago but it came with an unofficial MIUI ROM. I tried to install the official Global Chinese ROM from MIUI forums but it tells me that the phone is already associated with another account so I can't use it. It does not let me sign in with my account. So I presume that the seller from Aliexpress from where I bought the phone used his Mi account to install the unofficial ROM. But the seller acts like he does not know what I am talking about so he can not help me with this problem.

So my question is, what can I do now? Is there any solution to this problem? Can I bypass the Mi account process or something like that? Because I do not know the password that the seller used to sign in into my phone. I tried installing the latest xiaomi.eu stable rom but it still says that the device is associated with that account.

Well I see that others posted there the same problem as me but nobody offered a solution. So I thought that maybe here I could find a solution for my problem because there are many having the same problem.