Redmi 4x stock at the mi.com bootscreen.

Crazyboss

Members
Nov 2, 2021
Hi. Yesterday I tried to flash my phone, with this rom: OrangeFox-R11.1-santoni-08.06.21 using the TWRP that was installed on the phone years ago. It seems to have successfully installed the rom, but after reboot just stuck at the black screen with the mi.com logo, and nothing happends, i could only get to fastboot, so i flashed it with miflash using this rom: santoni_global_images_V11.0.2.0.NAMMIXM_20191107.0000.00_7.1_global_99c087db02 after that the phone is back to life, the tools reports the bootloader is unlocked, now i wanted to flash TWRP back to the phone, but when i do that the phone will be bricked again, stuck at the black screen with the mi.com logo. I used fastboot from dosprompt with twrp-3.5.2_9-0-santoni and i also tried to use mitools2 version 20.7.28 beta. And used the wizzard there to install the TWRP. Both tools report its successfully, and it boot into TWRP, but after i reboot the system, its just stucked again.

I simply need to reflash again using miflash as mentioned above.

Any Clues?

Hello,

OrangeFox is NOT a ROM, it's another custom recovery like TWRP. ;)

If this OrangeFox version doesn't work but TWRP is working fine then no need to install OrangeFox...

EDIT: For some TWRP, you should NOT use "fastboot boot twrp.img" but only use "fastboot flash recovery twrp.img" then
simultaneously hold "Vol+" and "Power" keys of your phone until you see the TWRP's splash-screen.

:)

Last edited:
Hi, yes i see i missed up about orange fox, i must have clicked the wrong link i wanted to install Lineage OS 18.1 rom. But anyway, the problem is if i install TWRP now, it will destroy the main OS. after installation, it will boot to the TWRP ones, and everthing looks fine, but then when you reboot, it just stuck on the mi.com logo, nothing more, no recover works only fastboot screen works. Its a kind of weird.