Redmi boot screen mi10t

Maxsenza151

Members
Feb 16, 2022
I have seen various tutorials on installing xiaomi.eu on mi10t and noticed that after installing it, it says "redmi" instead of "mi" on the start screen.
1) Is this a bootloader modification? I would not like to modify the bootloader.
2) if I reinstall the original firmware will the "mi" logo return?

I have seen various tutorials on installing xiaomi.eu on mi10t and noticed that after installing it, it says "redmi" instead of "mi" on the start screen.
1) Is this a bootloader modification? I would not like to modify the bootloader.
2) if I reinstall the original firmware will the "mi" logo return?
1) No. ROM is based on China ROM, there the device is a Redmi.
2) Yes.

Reactions: JiaiJ
Ok, thanks (One last question that might not match the thread: do automatic ota updates work with orangefox?)
OTA updates only when there is a recovery ROM for your device and you have a working recovery (e. g. OrangeFox).
Actually there is no working recovery for A12 devices, hence there are only fastboot ROMs for flashing.
Flashing guide

OTA updates only when there is a recovery ROM for your device and you have a working recovery (e. g. OrangeFox).
Actually there is no working recovery for A12 devices, hence there are only fastboot ROMs for flashing.
Flashing guide
I have android 11 on my phone and the xiaomi.eu version is still stuck at MIUI 12.5 with android 11. Orangefox works.