Resolved Redmi Note 11 Pro 5G (VEUXG) MIUI 13.0.2.0 Control Center Media Player Missing

I have also noticed another bug after using it for couple of days. Some apps just freeze and crash. The error is ANR input timed out. Mainly Twitter and Gmail but it is kinda random. Is there anything that I can try to resolve the issue?

Edit: Already tried with fresh install but to no avail.

Last edited:
I have also noticed another bug after using it for couple of days. Some apps just freeze and crash. The error is ANR input timed out. Mainly Twitter and Gmail but it is kinda random. Is there anything that I can try to resolve the issue?

Edit: Already tried with fresh install but to no avail.
I can't help with third-party apps.

The Mi Smart Hub is missing
Can't seem to find anything that would make Mi Smart Hub unavailable. All seems to point to System UI Plugin, but I don't see the problem.
Try this command with ADB and tell me which value is printed:
Code:
adb shell settings get system mi_smart_hub_visible

Can't seem to find anything that would make Mi Smart Hub unavailable. All seems to point to System UI Plugin, but I don't see the problem.
Try this command with ADB and tell me which value is printed:
Code:
adb shell settings get system mi_smart_hub_visible
It prints out the number 11

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-07-11 154657.png
    Screenshot 2023-07-11 154657.png
    3.7 KB · Views: 77
OK, that's odd. I need you to try something. Connect the device to PC and reboot it, as soon as it's booted, run this command:
Code:
adb logcat -s MiLinkController
Write the output here.
Code:
--------- beginning of main
07-11 16:27:18.644  3015  3832 E MiLinkController: get miui world meta-data failed, perhaps there not exists mi link package.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-07-11 162904.png
    Screenshot 2023-07-11 162904.png
    14.6 KB · Views: 64
Code:
--------- beginning of main
07-11 16:27:18.644  3015  3832 E MiLinkController: get miui world meta-data failed, perhaps there not exists mi link package.
The message indicates that the Cast app (MiLinkService.apk, package: com.milink.service) is missing.
I checked the ROM, it's not missing there.

The message indicates that the Cast app (MiLinkService.apk, package: com.milink.service) is missing.
I checked the ROM, it's not missing there.
Well that's odd because I have it installed

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-07-11-16-32-16-612_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-07-11-16-32-16-612_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg
    204.4 KB · Views: 70
  • Screenshot_2023-07-11-16-32-20-617_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-07-11-16-32-20-617_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 65
Looks like there are two more apps that this feature requires, and Xiaomi omitted one of them from this ROM (although it existed in V13.0.9.0).
Check if "Mi Connect" app is installed, and if not, try manually installing it and then reboot. You can get the newest APK here:
Looks like it isn't installed. I've installed it now I will reboot. After reboot Mi Smart Hub works again. Thanks. And did you manage to find a solution for the lock animation yet by any chance?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-07-11-16-48-06-720_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-07-11-16-48-06-720_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg
    210.6 KB · Views: 70
  • Screenshot_2023-07-11-16-52-48-876_com.miui.home.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-07-11-16-52-48-876_com.miui.home.jpg
    565.8 KB · Views: 83
Looks like it isn't installed. I've installed it now I will reboot. After reboot Mi Smart Hub works again. Thanks. And did you manage to find a solution for the lock animation yet by any chance?
That's not something I'll be able to debug because I can't reproduce it. Same goes for the tint you mentioned. But I'll peek around.

Reactions: Spookie
That's not something I'll be able to debug because I can't reproduce it. Same goes for the tint you mentioned. But I'll peek around.
I was able to get a response from Xiaomi regarding the white tint and they said that it's to make the device perform better so it's probably something that is hard-coded.

I was able to get a response from Xiaomi regarding the white tint and they said that it's to make the device perform better so it's probably something that is hard-coded.
I'm sure it is hardcoded, but if I can find it, it shouldn't be hard to patch out. I'm not even sure what the white tint has anything to do with performance, I think they misunderstood you completely, because low/mid-range don't have a blur with a tint, they simply get a grey background instead (no blur at all).

I'm sure it is hardcoded, but if I can find it, it shouldn't be hard to patch out. I'm not even sure what the white tint has anything to do with performance, I think they misunderstood you completely, because low/mid-range don't have a blur with a tint, they simply get a grey background instead (no blur at all).
Does any other device have the white tint or am I the first person to complain about it? (don't mind my stupid question)

Here's a screenshot with explanation from Xiaomi

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-07-11-17-54-21-550_com.miui.bugreport.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-07-11-17-54-21-550_com.miui.bugreport.jpg
    503.6 KB · Views: 62
Does any other device have the white tint or am I the first person to complain about it?
I've recently ported a System UI APK from the latest ROM for ruby to work on my pissarro, for testing purposes.
That ROM for ruby has a special System UI build with changes not yet seen on any other device, not even veuxg.
One of those changes looks just like the tint you're displaying in your screenshots.

I've recently ported a System UI APK from the latest ROM for ruby to work on my pissarro, for testing purposes.
That ROM for ruby has a special System UI build with changes not yet seen on any other device, not even veuxg.
One of those changes looks just like the tint you're displaying in your screenshots.
So you pretty much have to keep track for specific changes to all devices before patching ROMs.

So you pretty much have to keep track for specific changes to all devices before patching ROMs.
Which is tricky because all of the team members have high-end devices, and the only mid-range device we have is my pissarropro.
This makes tracking changes that affect only mid-range (and lower) devices almost impossible.
Still, the explanation given to you by Xiaomi doesn't make any sense, because the gaussian blur is still there, but has an tint in addition, which doesn't answer the question of what the purpose of that tint is.

Reactions: JiaiJ and Spookie
I have received this regarding the apps crashing. What does it mean? Did they re-release the ROM or what?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-07-11-18-18-05-921_com.miui.bugreport.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-07-11-18-18-05-921_com.miui.bugreport.jpg
    331.3 KB · Views: 60
So the disgusting gray tint on the blur is intentional.
They changed these colors (semi-tranparent black):
Code:
    <color name="control_center_background_dim">#4d000000</color>
    <color name="notification_control_center_blur_dim_color">#4d000000</color>
To these (semi-tranparent gray):
Code:
    <color name="control_center_background_dim">#59555555</color>
    <color name="notification_control_center_blur_dim_color">#59555555</color>
And also added this marker to be used by System UI Plugin:
Code:
    public boolean isGrayBlurDim() {
        return true;
    }
There's absolutely no relation to performance...

So the disgusting gray tint on the blur is intentional.
They changed these colors (semi-tranparent black):
Code:
    <color name="control_center_background_dim">#4d000000</color>
    <color name="notification_control_center_blur_dim_color">#4d000000</color>
To these (semi-tranparent gray):
Code:
    <color name="control_center_background_dim">#59555555</color>
    <color name="notification_control_center_blur_dim_color">#59555555</color>
And also added this marker to be used by System UI Plugin:
Code:
    public boolean isGrayBlurDim() {
        return true;
    }
There's absolutely no relation to performance...
So it is something that's easily fixable. I will try to get some sort of reply from them or try to argue it out.