New Redmi Note 11 Pro 5G (VEUXG) MIUI 13.0.7.0 Timer Refresh Rate issue

It started happening after the latest update in which the hourglass animation was removed

This affects all devices when automatic refresh rate is off (or the device doesn't support it).
I didn't find anything in the app that explicitly changes the refresh rate, so it's pretty much like looking for a needle in a haystack.
You can work around this by changing the refresh rate to 60Hz and then back to 120Hz, but I don't have a proper solution.

This affects all devices when automatic refresh rate is off (or the device doesn't support it).
I didn't find anything in the app that explicitly changes the refresh rate, so it's pretty much like looking for a needle in a haystack.
You can work around this by changing the refresh rate to 60Hz and then back to 120Hz, but I don't have a proper solution.
That's a bummer. Are you sure it isn't caused by the removal of the Hourglass animation because that's when it started to happen (atleast for me)

That's a bummer. Are you sure it isn't caused by the removal of the Hourglass animation because that's when it started to happen (atleast for me)
Doesn't make any difference to me. If Xiaomi decided to remove it, then it's gone. Either way, I didn't find anything related to refresh rate in there.

Reactions: Spookie
Doesn't make any difference to me. If Xiaomi decided to remove it, then it's gone. Either way, I didn't find anything related to refresh rate in there.
Well another thing we will have to wait for Xiaomi to fix. Anyways thanks again

Well another thing we will have to wait for Xiaomi to fix. Anyways thanks again
Well, yes. I find it hard to believe that it has anything to do with that hourglass nonsense animation, because the same thing happens with the alarm clock screen (when you set an alarm and turn off the screen), it's very easy to reproduce... More likely that it's some deeper system bug that doesn't set the refresh rate properly when the lock screen is obscured by another app.

Reactions: Spookie
I have an 11t pro with the same issue. Every morning when my alarm goes I need to manually change the refresh rate to 60hz so I can change it back to 120hz. Otherwise my phone will use the 60hz, even if 120hz was selected.

This issue is really annoying Is there any updates on this?

I have an 11t pro with the same issue. Every morning when my alarm goes I need to manually change the refresh rate to 60hz so I can change it back to 120hz. Otherwise my phone will use the 60hz, even if 120hz was selected.

This issue is really annoying Is there any updates on this?
I just tried it on my Redmi Note 11 Pro 5G on MIUI 14 and the alarm screen is still in 60hz but it switches to 120hz right after closing it. So I guess they fixed it.

I just tried it on my Redmi Note 11 Pro 5G on MIUI 14 and the alarm screen is still in 60hz but it switches to 120hz right after closing it. So I guess they fixed it.
Hi, for me the switch never happend unfortunately. It stays at 60hz for all apps after the alarm screen apeared. Then I need to change to 60hz and then 120hz to get it working again.

Running MIUI 14.0.9