Redmi Note 12 Turbo vs Redmi Turbo 3

flexuser

Members
May 8, 2024
Hi, I'm planning to buy a new phone, a Chinese-based model, as they are cheaper than the global versions. I also plan on unlocking the bootloader for either of them. We all know how difficult it can be to unlock the HyperOS bootloader, so I'm planning on using a paid service to get it done quickly.

The Redmi Turbo 3 is a newer phone with a better CPU, but it doesn't have any custom ROMs or recovery options available yet, and it might not have any if Xiaomi decides not to release the AKA POCO F6. On the other hand, the Redmi Note 12 Turbo is very well supported by developers. The Redmi Turbo 3 is $75 more expensive than the Redmi Note 12 Turbo. So, what do you guys think? Which one should I buy?

Note 12 Turbo is POFO F5. It's very popular but it only have 2 years of software updates and one year already passed so for future updates you have to hope community will manage to port newer versions. Turbo 3 is rumoured to be released mid summer as POCO F6 so I advise to wait if you can. Turbo 3 has UFS 4.0 storage (it's reeeeaaaallllly fast), can have 16gb RAM and Snapdragon 8s gen 3 is almost twice as powerful as 7+gen 2. For gaming it's a beast. When Turbo 3 will get Xiaomi.eu it will be best cheap phone to have for games.

Personally I threw a bit more money to get Xiaomi 14 Pro with unlocked bootloader for better camera system, 1440p screen and USB 3.1. so now I have all in one device. Snapdragon 8gen3 gets pretty warm but I manages to maintain performance.

I got the Turbo 3 from China. Bootloader can be unlocked for free with the right tools, at least for now. I didn't try official unlock method with community app, but maybe that works too.

This phone is on another level for the price, feels like a flagship. Much better value than Note 12 Turbo imo. Now with unlocked bootloader I'm just waiting patiently for peridot support on Xiaomi.eu HyperOS ROM. :emoji_grin::emoji_fingers_crossed:

Reactions: Eclipse1991
Hi, I'm planning to buy a new phone, a Chinese-based model, as they are cheaper than the global versions. I also plan on unlocking the bootloader for either of them. We all know how difficult it can be to unlock the HyperOS bootloader, so I'm planning on using a paid service to get it done quickly.

The Redmi Turbo 3 is a newer phone with a better CPU, but it doesn't have any custom ROMs or recovery options available yet, and it might not have any if Xiaomi decides not to release the AKA POCO F6. On the other hand, the Redmi Note 12 Turbo is very well supported by developers. The Redmi Turbo 3 is $75 more expensive than the Redmi Note 12 Turbo. So, what do you guys think? Which one should I buy?
Just wait for the xiaomi.eu rom and twrp, thats the best you can do.

I got the Turbo 3 from China. Bootloader can be unlocked for free with the right tools, at least for now. I didn't try official unlock method with community app, but maybe that works too.

This phone is on another level for the price, feels like a flagship. Much better value than Note 12 Turbo imo. Now with unlocked bootloader I'm just waiting patiently for peridot support on Xiaomi.eu HyperOS ROM. :emoji_grin::emoji_fingers_crossed:
Interesting, free with the right tools, which ones?