Redmi Note 2 - Bluetooth/wifi Problems

Discussion in 'Xiaomi Redmi Note 2' started by muadib77, Feb 23, 2016.

1. muadib77

muadib77Members

Sep 19, 2015
    Male
    Network Engineer
    Portugal
    Hello,
    Today i'm sharing with you a problem i experienced on my RN2 from the start.
    I have seen many reports on bluetooth connectivity issues, and i had always problems with my bluetooth headphones and sometimes miband. Also with the last rom was also having wifi disconnect issues.
    I was flashing from the start with TWRP the lattest dev. ROM and always performing a wipe dalvik/cash after. Sometimes, not often i made OTA updates.

This time i finaly solved problem with bluetooth and wifi, I made a factory reset before flashing lattest ROM and voilá, all problems solved, everything works great. I was kinda sad about my MTK phone but now it's working without any issue so i strongly recomend for those with the same problems to try a full wipe update

PicassoPigeon and IcedFlame like this.
  2. smb96

smb96Members

Dec 6, 2015
    Thanks for the post. I had the same problem. In my case with different watches, like pebble, Google wear and gshock + different car sets and headsets.
    I used the smiui 6.2.22 weekly. Now since two days all seem to work. I have to observe is for a while though.

Gesendet von meinem Redmi Note 2 mit Tapatalk

PicassoPigeon and muadib77 like this.
  3. muadib77

muadib77Members

Sep 19, 2015
    Male
    Network Engineer
    Portugal
    You made full wipes before flashing smiui ROM right?

Enviado do meu Redmi Note 2 através de Tapatalk

4. andrea.nsc.3

Jan 8, 2016
    #4andrea.nsc.3,Feb 25, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2016
    Hello, i tried it and the problem seems solved.. But i want to wait more days..

Inviato dal mio Redmi Note 2 utilizzando Tapatalk

5. smb96

smb96Members

Dec 6, 2015
    I used the advanced optional option under TWRP's swiping section and deleted everything. So I had no OS installed in between. After that I installed the new ROM from SD via TWRP

6. PicassoPigeon

Jan 3, 2016
    Male
    Thank you for this :D I have done a full factory reset on my phone and re-flashed smiui. So far bluetooth is ok, I hope is this is the fix :D

7. srdempster

srdempsterMembers

Mar 20, 2012
    Male
    Was hoping nt to have to do a full reset but if it stops the contact disconnecting and reconnecting then great. I just hope I dont have to do this with every weekly update.

PicassoPigeon likes this.
  8. PicassoPigeon

Jan 3, 2016
    Male
    I know what you mean. Taken me ages to get my phone back with all my apps and sounds back together :)

9. muadib77

muadib77Members

Sep 19, 2015
    Male
    Network Engineer
    Portugal
    If you backup to micloud, you only have to download apps again, but i guess it takes some time. Since i made this post i didnt have any bluetooth problems but i didnt update yet. My guess, and its only a guess, is that somewhere in the past ROM updates there has been one that corrected bluetooth and required full wipes. If thats the case then we should be OK just wiping Dalvik/cash, but let me know what you find.

Enviado do meu Redmi Note 2 através de Tapatalk

PicassoPigeon likes this.
  10. srdempster

srdempsterMembers

Mar 20, 2012
    Male
    Will try a wipe system partition only and wipe dalvik and cache and reinstall see if it cures it. If not then a full reset it will have to be

Sent from my Redmi Note 2 using Tapatalk

11. PicassoPigeon

Jan 3, 2016
    Male
    I did an app backup using Titanium Backup so it was not too bad doing a full wipe, it's just getting the settings and ringtones back to how I had them before. Hopefully this will be the end of the bluetooth problems and we can continue with weekly updates.

12. smb96

smb96Members

Dec 6, 2015
    That was not enough in my case at least. I had to do the full thing.

13. srdempster

srdempsterMembers

Mar 20, 2012
    Male
    Managed to only get 1 dropout in half an hour rather than every 5/10 mins. If starts to get irritating will do a full clean

Sent from my Redmi Note 2 using Tapatalk

Share Our Site