Redmi Note 3 Pro Fingerprint Scanner Issue.

Hilppari

Members
Sep 10, 2016
So ive had this phone for 3 months now and its been working fine, until today. I was charging it from the wall like normal and it made a rebooting sound or something at the 50% mark and was really hot. Now the finger print scanner doesn't even try to unlock the phone. It lights up the screen when i use it but not trying to unlock it. I dont know how the overheating resetted my fingerprint and now i dont even remember my pattern because i always used fingerprint. So now i am locked out of my phone. Anything to help this or do i have to factory reset the phone to get my access back? I have mi account bound to the phone if that helps.

Last edited:
So ive had this phone for 3 months now and its been working fine, until today. I was charging it from the wall like normal and it made a rebooting sound or something at the 50% mark and was really hot. Now the finger print scanner doesn't even try to unlock the phone. It lights up the screen when i use it but not trying to unlock it. I dont know how the overheating resetted my fingerprint and now i dont even remember my pattern because i always used fingerprint. So now i am locked out of my phone. Anything to help this or do i have to factory reset the phone to get my access back? I have mi account bound to the phone if that helps.
Did you tried clean flashing a fastboot rom (official - global/china) via fastboot or in EDL via MiFlash?

I can't get the drivers working. They were fine before but now nothing will regognice my phone exept when booted up shows as a flash drive. And it seems there is no factory reset button combination. power + volume gets me to either fastboot logo or pcsuite.mi menu where there is just a picture of a phone and wanting to connect usb.