New Redmi Note 3 Se : Getting Fc In Settings After Flashing Miui 8 Stable Or Beta

iTalisman

Members
Oct 30, 2014
My Redmi Note 3 SE has been unlocked unofficially. I have been using Resurrection Remix M for quite some time. Now, I decided to flash MIUI and after flashing I get an error in Settings.

I was wondering if I missed anything. My TWRP is from Dadi11's latest one.

Would appreciate suggestions if any.....

My Redmi Note 3 SE has been unlocked unofficially. I have been using Resurrection Remix M for quite some time. Now, I decided to flash MIUI and after flashing I get an error in Settings.

I was wondering if I missed anything. My TWRP is from Dadi11's latest one.

Would appreciate suggestions if any.....
Flash zcx twrp

Thanks...will try that. Will there be any complication like popup of storage encrytion password or anything like that?

Thanks...will try that. Will there be any complication like popup of storage encrytion password or anything like that?
Not sure. Always make a backuo before doing anything suspicious.

Tried to flash the latest Dev MIUI ROM with ZCX TWRP. Doesnt work. Same Settings FC.
Flash official fastboot rom first with MiFlash and then xiaomi rom with factory reset. Tried that? Should do the trick.

Wont it lock the bootloader again? I have unlocked it unofficially already.. :/
It will lock it yes, but you don't have to do the sms verification, just start the unlock software and unlock it again.

@dogiex Ok...I flashed back to Global Developer ROM by fastboot. The bootloader got locked and I unlocked it officially and it went smooth. Then I flashed TWRP through adb and then tried to flash MIUI EU 7.2.23 but it does not flash and get stuck at something like Installing MIUI update...package extract file took 00 sec. The same went for 7.2.16 and gets stuck. Then I tried to flash globeROM and it flashed properly.

I want to check out MIUI EU but I dont know how to proceed now.

Last edited:
@dogiex Ok...I flashed back to Global Developer ROM by fastboot. The bootloader got locked and I unlocked it officially and it went smooth. Then I flashed TWRP through adb and then tried to flash MIUI EU 7.2.23 but it does not flash and get stuck at something like Installing MIUI update...package extract file took 00 sec. The same went for 7.2.16 and gets stuck. Then I tried to flash globeROM and it flashed properly.

I want to check out MIUI EU but I dont know how to proceed now.
What twrp did you use?

Well...I started from the official TWRP for Kenzo, then ZCX, Dadi, Cofface. Nothing worked with EU ROM. But GlobeROM is flashing ok...

Well...I started from the official TWRP for Kenzo, then ZCX, Dadi, Cofface. Nothing worked with EU ROM. But GlobeROM is flashing ok...
ZCX is working fine here.
What is your procedure when you are trying to install eu rom over official rom?

Nope...clean flash which I always do. Formatting system, data, cache..everything and then flash EU ROM.

Can you share me the link to the ZCX you use?

Nope...clean flash which I always do. Formatting system, data, cache..everything and then flash EU ROM.

Can you share me the link to the ZCX you use?
When you come from official rom, wipe just cache and dalvik and data, so a normal factory reset. Then install eu rom.

Ooopsss...I guess made a mistake. Do I have to reflash the fastboot ROM again? Or there's a workaround?

Ooopsss...I guess made a mistake. Do I have to reflash the fastboot ROM again? Or there's a workaround?
Yes flash fastboot rom again, unlock bootloader, install zcx twrp, tick don't show again in the first screen and apply modification, reboot twrp, wipe dalvik cache and data, install eu rom, reboot and wait.

Make a local backup of your apps now. You can then restore them after flashing. Make sure to put the backup into your computer just in case if you don't backup it to your sd card.

Thank you very much. Will follow the steps properly this time :)

P.S. - The unlocking steps will go fine right? And if I am in CM based ROM and want to go back to MIUI again..will I have to flash Dev ROM again?

Last edited:
Thank you very much. Will follow the steps properly this time :)

P.S. - The unlocking steps will go fine right? And if I am in CM based ROM and want to go back to MIUI again..will I have to flash Dev ROM again?
If you have unlocked the bootloader officially before you have to just use the software and fastboot to unlock the device again.
Make sure you have usb debugging on from dev options and oem unlock checked and find device enabled. After that you are ready for fastboot and unlock.

When you have properly installed eu based rom, make a full twrp backup of it and transfer it to your computer. When you install Cyanogenmod and want to go back to eu rom you can just restore the backup you made in twrp and then just update it to the latest eu rom. I would say that would be pain free method and I would do it like that and have done ot like that when I tried CM.

Reactions: iTalisman
I'm having the same issue. Workd well with Android 5.1 based rom. But when upgrading to the 8.1 or 8.2 based on 6.0 the settings app crashes. Any solution for this?

I'm having the same issue. Workd well with Android 5.1 based rom. But when upgrading to the 8.1 or 8.2 based on 6.0 the settings app crashes. Any solution for this?
And did you try what is written on previous posts?

Not yet. Waiting to see if it worked for iTalisman first. Cuz my phone is also unlocked unofficialy. Its a Redmi Note 3 pro btw..

Not yet. Waiting to see if it worked for iTalisman first. Cuz my phone is also unlocked unofficialy. Its a Redmi Note 3 pro btw..
Unlock it officially.
Install official rom first, unlock bootloader, flash twrp, reboot twrp just in case, wipe cache dalvik and data. Don't wipe system. Then flash eu rom. Worked on my brothers Kenzo with same problem.