Redmi Note 5 Pro from Dev to Stable

ipolit

Members
May 2, 2016
Hi guys, today I received brand new RN5. It is for my wife. It came with China stable and I flashed it with 8.7.12 before read for this anti roll back. Definately I don't want to give to my wife a phone with dev rom which will update every week and will have problems time to time.
The question is can I flash it with fastboot rom, even china stable or it can never go back to stable?

I flashed Xiaomi.eu 8.7.12v2 via TWRP. Not the China Beta

Last edited:
I also didn't understand if I brick the device, can I flash it with EDL cable ot it is dead? The thread on en.miui.com is dificult to understand. Why would I need permission for flashing with EDL cable?

Xiaomi.eu 8.7.12v2 didn't have firmware included so should not have triggered ARP!

You can test with this command:-

fastboot getvar anti

If it is still three, you can flash whatever rom, you please.
If it returns 4, be-careful to only flash anti 4 roms or firmware.

@
ipolit

Read up on MIUI Oreo's Anti-Rollback Protection, if you brick your device on Anti 4 firmware, you need to use the latest mi flash with permission to unbrick your device. It is hardcode restriction of the firmware.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/re...tutorial-unbrick-redmi-note-5-whyred-t3816260

Thank you very much for the explanation. Tomorrow I will check if my device is "infected".

UPDATE:
fastboot getvar anti

anti: 3

finished. total time: 0.000s
Yup
Sent from my Redmi Note 5 using Tapatalk

Last edited: