Resolved redmi note 6 pro dns problem mobile data

gilcu3

Members
Feb 6, 2019
I got this phone (redmi note 6 pro) recently , and it came with oficial Global MIUI 9 out of the box. I used it for a while and didn't detect any issue with mobile data.

Then I updated to official global MIUI 10.2.2, and mobile data stopped working properly. It usually worked erratically. My use case was my email app. Sometimes it would send messages, some times it would receive, and sometimes it would do both. Every time I turn off/on data it would change its behavior. So I thought about network problem. Tried app Virtual Hosts (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.github.xfalcon.vhosts) to fix dns resolution of imap and smtp mail server I was using, and problem solved, my email app would always work as expected on mobile data.
Trying to solve this issue, I installed xiaomi eu ROM global stable 10.2.2, after unlocking bootloader and formating data partition. The issue remained.
Ultimately I dirty flashed lastest beta xiaomi eu beta ROM 9.2.21, testing if that would solve the issue as it's based on MIUI 10.3, but the issue remains.

I have the same problem. Some pages are working fine and some not. Gmail is working but the play store not. It is not the sim card issue (checked on another phone and there is OK).
The system was instaled by myself. Phone got from banggood.