New [Redmi Note 7/lavender] MIUI 10.5 9.9.3 bug

xMarvin732

Members
Aug 10, 2019
I have a problem with listening to audio recordings from WhatsApp for an example.
When I was still on stock MIUI I was able to hold my phone next to my ear as if I was talking with someone on the phone and it automatically switched to the speakers on top of the screen, now when I want to do that with 9.9.3 it doesn't work anymore so it's always annoying to listen with headphones or listen very close to the bottom speakers.

I hope it can be fixed soon.

I have a problem with listening to audio recordings from WhatsApp for an example.
When I was still on stock MIUI I was able to hold my phone next to my ear as if I was talking with someone on the phone and it automatically switched to the speakers on top of the screen, now when I want to do that with 9.9.3 it doesn't work anymore so it's always annoying to listen with headphones or listen very close to the bottom speakers.

I hope it can be fixed soon.

It's not a MIUI bug, it's a proximity sensor issue.

Lucky you, that app never worked for me! ☹☹☹
Try using the Quick TuneUp App :)
Before I tested it with the proximity sensor reset/repair app and the app didn't show any sign of the sensor to react
Even the FQC Test App (to be opened by entering the code *#*#6484#*#* in the telephone dial) to detect anything with the sensor, then I ran quick tuneup and the reset/repair app and restarted my phone as told in the quick tuneup, after that it worked again :)