Redmi Note 7 Pro - eu ROM flashing problem

stubice

Members
Feb 3, 2020
I was wondering if someone could give me a hint with this problem. I hope it is something trivial and easy to sort out.

I have Redmi Note 7 Pro with chinese MIUI 11.0.4.0 Stable ROM (PFHCNXM). I am trying to flash eu ROM on this phone. I have tried to follow the "official" procedure as given on the first page of this Website (quite skimpy for a novice I thought, but then this process is probably not meant for novices).

I have gone through the official channel and unlocked the bootloader. I have copied the appropriate (Note 7 Pro) violet image (eu ROM) onto the internal storage of the phone. So far so good.

I have then downloaded and flashed the official twrp recovery image (tried both available versions 3.3.0.0 and 3.3.1.0) but when I boot into it, all I get is a screen with the twrp team logo and no menu to chose any option. The only thing I can do from here is reboot the system.

I have then tried to flash Peter's twrp and that was successful. When I boot into this twrp recovery I am asked for a password, but upon choosing Cancel I am able to get the menu options. I then chose to Wipe data (the basic wipe), which appears to work. I then use Install option which takes me to the root menu but I cannot see the zip file (that was copied to the internal storage of the phone before twrp flash) in any of the folders on the phone.

I am obviously not familiar with twrp process (I have successfully done rom flashing via fastboot process on Note 5 in the past) and I am not confident with other options from the twrp menu. So I reboot the system again, but since I wiped the data, the stock ROM is re-initiated (and I have to activate the phone again, but it's ok). This process deletes the twrp recovery so I am back at squared one.

I have read a fair amount of info on the web about this and there seem to be are a lot of confusing suggestions. I suppose there are many people here who have gone through this process already and I would be grateful if some of you can point me in the right direction.

Sorry about the long post.

I have done that, then Install but cannot locate the zip file on the phone (zip file was copied on the internal storage before twrp flash).

And that's right, because Format Data deletes ALL data from internal storage.
You must copy ROM again to internal storage.

Reactions: iamme729
Reboot to recovery again and copy file from PC, phone should be detected properly as storage.

Hi Orjon,

Thank you for your help (I suspected it would be something trivial but I could not work it out without your help).

I was therefore able to successfully flash eu ROM onto chinese Redmi Note 7 Pro.

Just to confirm (it may of help to somebody else) I had to use Peter's twrp (official twrp was not working on my Note 7 pro) and once I formatted data, cash and dalvick I rebooted back to recovery, then copied the ROM zip file to the phone internal storage. From twrp I then selected Install and now the zip file was there. A couple of confirmatory clicks and that's it.