Redmi Note 7 WiFi problem

Shendry

Members
Aug 1, 2019
Hello,
First of all I would like to apologize for my english, it's my second language. Now to my problem - I've got a problem with my new Redmi Note 7 4/128GB Global version, Miui version - Global 10.3.5 stable. Every time I try to hold my phone horizontally with both hands - one on the top, second on the bottom, my wifi connection slows down or even disconnects. I've tried to figure out what happening and it appears, thath my hand which is covering the top of the phone causing it. Is it normal behaviour, or is it specific problem only to my phone? I've already tried different brands of routers with the same outcome.

Hello,
First of all I would like to apologize for my english, it's my second language. Now to my problem - I've got a problem with my new Redmi Note 7 4/128GB Global version, Miui version - Global 10.3.5 stable. Every time I try to hold my phone horizontally with both hands - one on the top, second on the bottom, my wifi connection slows down or even disconnects. I've tried to figure out what happening and it appears, thath my hand which is covering the top of the phone causing it. Is it normal behaviour, or is it specific problem only to my phone? I've already tried different brands of routers with the same outcome.
I have just experimented by doing what you do which is covering the phone top and bottom with my hands as much as I can and running a speed test and whatever I do it has absolutely no influence on the Wi-Fi connection at all so it seems to be a problem with your phone only.
PS, I have a redmi note 7 (4/64gb) running stable rom 10.3.2 PFGCNXM