Redmi Note 9 pro (joyeuse) Soft-Brick?

opg2000

Members
Jun 1, 2021
Hello everyone!
Did a successful flash on my Redmi Note 9 Pro Global (Joyeuse) via TWRP of the "xiaomi.eu_multi_mnote9preu_v12.0.3.0.qjzmixm_v12-10" Custom-ROM. Worked well for a long time until yesterday. Because I had the impression of a slowdown of the system, I want to restart the phone. Strangely enough, it stuck's at the Miui-Logo. A boot into the TWRP has worked but the touchscreen was without a function.
Since then I have already tried the following:
- News orange-Fox flashed - success
- Orange-Fox started and full functional (Touchsreen also)- success
- Different Stock / Custom-Rom's Via Orangefox Flashed - Success
- Booting still does not work. Stay at the Miui logo. Also wait after 1 hour.
- MiFlash installed and various Rome's Via Fastboot flashed - success
- Booting does not work either.
I'm at the end with my wisdom.
Maybe someone has another advice?

Hello everyone!
Did a successful flash on my Redmi Note 9 Pro Global (Joyeuse) via TWRP of the "xiaomi.eu_multi_mnote9preu_v12.0.3.0.qjzmixm_v12-10" Custom-ROM. Worked well for a long time until yesterday. Because I had the impression of a slowdown of the system, I want to restart the phone. Strangely enough, it stuck's at the Miui-Logo. A boot into the TWRP has worked but the touchscreen was without a function.
Since then I have already tried the following:
- News orange-Fox flashed - success
- Orange-Fox started and full functional (Touchsreen also)- success
- Different Stock / Custom-Rom's Via Orangefox Flashed - Success
- Booting still does not work. Stay at the Miui logo. Also wait after 1 hour.
- MiFlash installed and various Rome's Via Fastboot flashed - success
- Booting does not work either.
I'm at the end with my wisdom.
Maybe someone has another advice?
What is "Booting does not work either."?
You did install a fastboot official rom via MIFLASH tool?
This must work at 100%.

What is "Booting does not work either."?
You did install a fastboot official rom via MIFLASH tool?
This must work at 100%.
....thanks for your respond.
I did a fastboot flash of this Rom:
joyeuse_global_images_V12.0.3.0.QJZMIXM_20210419.0000.00_10.0_global
everything works fine but booting stucks at MIUI-Logo
:rolleyes:
:confused:

....thanks for your respond.
I did a fastboot flash of this Rom:
joyeuse_global_images_V12.0.3.0.QJZMIXM_20210419.0000.00_10.0_global
everything works fine but booting stucks at MIUI-Logo
:rolleyes:
:confused:
not any recent fastboot rom for your phone? 12.03?
Try the chinese latest. strange issue!
Clean flash without bootloader relock!

Last edited:
....now I tried this via OrangeFox:
miui_JOYEUSEGlobal_V12.0.4.0.RJZMIXM_fc04d4fa6c_11.0.zip
...same bootproblem....

Pretty sure this is a bug in the stock rom (Kernel? Bootloader? Not sure what's actually responsible for the hang)

The device will freeze at the first splash - the one with the open padlock for unlocked bootloaders - for a matter of minutes. Most people don't bother and just reboot. It seems to be just chance if the boot will hang?

Strangely, all the official reports refer to the Note 9S (*JWMIXM) specifically without mentioning joyeuse but we clearly being hit by the same bug and with the shared miatoll codebase it would probably be more work to not patch both devices.

TLDR - bug present in stock build, xiaomi aware (for note 9s), should be patched with 12.5 update

Source 1 Source 2

Last edited:
Pretty sure this is a bug in the stock rom (Kernel? Bootloader? Not sure what's actually responsible for the hang)

The device will freeze at the first splash - the one with the open padlock for unlocked bootloaders - for a matter of minutes. Most people don't bother and just reboot. It seems to be just chance if the boot will hang?

Strangely, all the official reports refer to the Note 9S (*JWMIXM) specifically without mentioning joyeuse but we clearly being hit by the same bug and with the shared miatoll codebase it would probably be more work to not patch both devices.

TLDR - bug present in stock build, xiaomi aware (for note 9s), should be patched with 12.5 update

Source 1 Source 2
....thanks for the Info. But when I flash with fastboot different rom's it should working?

....thanks for the Info. But when I flash with fastboot different rom's it should working?
Unsure as I don't know what part of the boot process is hanging and I rarely reboot. I'm have a feeling it's before the handover to recovery/rom - have you noticed the same freezes when trying to get to recovery or only when booting the system?

What? Why?
He mentioned that he gets to the MIUI logo so he's passed boot, and loading system, (and data).

But having said that, I went back through the posts and see he did attempt to flash a stock fastboot rom via miflash, (which should've fixed any encryption issues).

Edit: I'd try reflashing persist.img it it were me. Its a last resort but nothing else has worked.

Last edited:
Unsure as I don't know what part of the boot process is hanging and I rarely reboot. I'm have a feeling it's before the handover to recovery/rom - have you noticed the same freezes when trying to get to recovery or only when booting the system?
....only when booting the system. :/

He mentioned that he gets to the MIUI logo so he's passed boot, and loading system, (and data).

But having said that, I went back through the posts and see he did attempt to flash a stock fastboot rom via miflash, (which should've fixed any encryption issues).

Edit: I'd try reflashing persist.img it it were me. Its a last resort but nothing else has worked.
....can I flash "persist.img" in Orangefox? Where can I find it? (maybe I have to extract it from the ROM zip-file?)

....wired: After several flashes and wipes with different Roms include flashing persist.img and so on, I leaved the device over night.
Next morning I tried to reboot and I notices there is vibration back again and the system boot up normaly. So I restored my Cloud Backup.
After a couple of time the device stops the working vibration (while touch or unlock the screen) and the bootup stoucks at MIUI-Logo again like before.
Is it possible to delete or reformat some partitions exept /data, /user... to became a absolut clean enviroment for flashing the stock rom ?

Is it possible to delete or reformat some partitions exept /data, /user... to became a absolut clean enviroment for flashing the stock rom ?
Jeeez.
Only way to get a clean install is to blow away everything.
And that's what flashing a stock fastboot rom should do, (hence why it was suggested early in the thread).

...tried all suggested tips. Sometime the vibration works then the Phone starts normally. Then after a while, suddenly the vibration stops and the phone again won't reboot.

...tried all suggested tips. Sometime the vibration works then the Phone starts normally. Then after a while, suddenly the vibration stops and the phone again won't reboot.
It's hard to tell what your problem is. It may not even be software related.

Maybe it's time to take it a service centre?

Reactions: Poney70
Hello,

is this problem solved? I hade the same one month ago. I wiped all data and reinstalled the phone. It worked until yesterday. Now the same problem again, but wiping the data doesn't fix the problem. It stucks at the "MIUI" screen while booting, forever until the battery is empty.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Thomas

Hello,

is this problem solved? I hade the same one month ago. I wiped all data and reinstalled the phone. It worked until yesterday. Now the same problem again, but wiping the data doesn't fix the problem. It stucks at the "MIUI" screen while booting, forever until the battery is empty.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Thomas
....sorry, but I think it's a hardware issue