Redmi Note 9 Pro seen as Google Pixel 2 on Google Account

Pierino

Members
Oct 5, 2016
Hi, about my Redmi Note 9 Pro (Joyeuse) from latest update android 11 (now on latest 12.5.2) my phone is recognized as Google Pixel 2 on Google account and as Google One on Google Backup... at the same time Whatsapp stops backups and downloading media, are they related? thanks

Last edited:
Hi, about my Redmi Note 9 Pro (Joyeuse) from latest update android 11 (now on latest 12.5.2) my phone is recognized as Google Pixel 2 on Google account and as Google One on Google Backup... at the same time Whatsapp stops backups and downloading media, are they related? thanks
AFAIK this is how the Xiaomi.EU ROM disguises itself and the real model to hide it's properties (and pass SafetyNet with basic attestation instead of hardware).

Or do you use Magisk and USNF and|or MHPC module and|or Shamiko.. or similar?

Last edited:
Reactions: sir_bazz
AFAIK this is how the Xiaomi.EU ROM disguises itself and the real model to hide it's properties (and pass SafetyNet with basic attestation instead of hardware).

Or do you use Magisk and USNF and|or MHPC module and|or Shamiko.. or similar?
Thanks for these informations that I had imagined too, the problem with whatsapp wasn't related and has been resolved after some update/reinstall (common problems for many users)
I'm on Magisk pure and it isn't involved in properties, thanks