Redmi Note 9 Pro - Soundspeaker not working

b.ionut

Members
Jul 4, 2021
Hi,

My soundspeaker stopped working on my Redmi Note 9 Pro.
I tried everything I could find on internet, FCQ test, speaker cleaner inbuilt app, 3rd party speaker cleaner apps and nothing it's working.
One day before this problem my phone updated to latest stable MIUI 12.0.1

I can't hear any sound output by my phone, apps, etc ... through the soundspeaker. The only audio functionality working on is the reciver speaker. I can still call and communicate with another person, but as you imagine I can't hear when I'm called because there's no sound output. Only vibrations from the incoming call.

The phone is in good condition, no damages, dropping him, or other things like this since I bought him.

I need solutions to make the soundspeaker work again, please!

Hi,

My soundspeaker stopped working on my Redmi Note 9 Pro.
I tried everything I could find on internet, FCQ test, speaker cleaner inbuilt app, 3rd party speaker cleaner apps and nothing it's working.
One day before this problem my phone updated to latest stable MIUI 12.0.1

I can't hear any sound output by my phone, apps, etc ... through the soundspeaker. The only audio functionality working on is the reciver speaker. I can still call and communicate with another person, but as you imagine I can't hear when I'm called because there's no sound output. Only vibrations from the incoming call.

The phone is in good condition, no damages, dropping him, or other things like this since I bought him.

I need solutions to make the soundspeaker work again, please!
...I had also issues with this version. I think you should downgrade to any of the latest Rom's with Android 10. Your update is Android 11.

...I had also issues with this version. I think you should downgrade to any of the latest Rom's with Android 10. Your update is Android 11.
I have Android 11 for quite a while. The problem appeared when I've updated MIUI.

How can I downgrade to Android 10?

First You have to unlock the bootloader.
Then download the ROM fitting for your device.
Then you can flash it via fastboot or twrp.
You have to format DATA.
All your data will be lost.

....did you try a factory reset?
Yes I have tried with and without sim card. I tried many solutions for this. I was looking for android 11 related stuff about this problem and people say this is a fix:
Settings → System → Accessibility and turned on "Hearing aid compatibility"

Currently struggling to find the setting. I don't have Hearing aid compatibility on my settings nowhere

If I downgrade my Android or MIUI do I loose warranty?
...I think unlocking the bootloader void the warranty. But I don't know exactly.
Anyway be careful if you flash and have attention what device you have (curtana or joyeuse).

Last edited:
First of all this is not an official Xiaomi forum, but a one for custom ROM developed on top of MIUI. Secondly it could be one of the rare occurrences of a hardware fault, so you could take it to a service center for repairs. And lastly you could try flashing an older version with Mi flash since I don't think Xiaomi has been putting the anti rollback protection in for a while. But I am not certain about that so check it before continuing and as said you can try Mi community for support and to see if someone else is experiencing this with this phone and version.