Redmi Note 9

influenist

Members
Nov 12, 2017
Hi Guys, bricked my mix 3 screen, then mix 2 twice so picked up a cheap Redmi Note 9 for 699pln here in Poland at the Mi Store. Yet to see there is no info on TWRP nor on MIUI 12. Here I just read about Redmi Note 9s / PRO. Please advice for the options seen Global stock lacks all the lovely flavours such as proper dailer and weather data. Not to forget MIUI 12 is much more mature.

EDIT. Just to be complete. I'm talking about the MediaTek Helio G85 version, in my case M2003J15SG

Hello

This ist the "light" version for international market only. So don't expect much support.
The MediaTek will not make it better, as far as I know xiaimi.eu does not support this platform

Hi Guys, bricked my mix 3 screen, then mix 2 twice so picked up a cheap Redmi Note 9 for 699pln here in Poland at the Mi Store. Yet to see there is no info on TWRP nor on MIUI 12. Here I just read about Redmi Note 9s / PRO. Please advice for the options seen Global stock lacks all the lovely flavours such as proper dailer and weather data. Not to forget MIUI 12 is much more mature.

EDIT. Just to be complete. I'm talking about the MediaTek Helio G85 version, in my case M2003J15SG
turn back to the shop and ask for replacement with RN9S.
Sorry, no support from EU for MTK phone.

Aha, so with Qualcomm hiking prices and a rising XIAOMI customer base which buys the (MTK) handheld devices in the EU's official shop are being ignored by the "official" EUROPEAN platform? Good to know, I wasn't aware that this community is backed by Qualcomm.

Aha, so with Qualcomm hiking prices and a rising XIAOMI customer base which buys the (MTK) handheld devices in the EU's official shop are being ignored by the "official" EUROPEAN platform? Good to know, I wasn't aware that this community is backed by Qualcomm.
"official" EUROPEAN platform?
Not really sure, read the "About us" bottom page.

Reactions: jisn064
"Xiaomi Europe ... Since 2010 our web site has officially worked with Xiaomi" - this doesn't imply you are representing XIAOMI,- officially. Unless you are an identity which has full IP rights and are owned by XIAOMI itself, which I do not think is the case, hence the quotes.

Please go back to the main question. As I see I'm not the only user who looks for support. Ruling out MTK in general without obvious reasons is wrong, anyone can brick their devices if not flashing them correctly. Nor can't the dev ignore the fact that more and more devices are pushed with MTK due to the logic decision by XIAOMI to mitigate away from the monopoly of QUALCOMM or to be able to offer Phones a reasonable - low-end market - prices.

"Xiaomi Europe ... Since 2010 our web site has officially worked with Xiaomi" - this doesn't imply you are representing XIAOMI,- officially. Unless you are an identity which has full IP rights and are owned by XIAOMI itself, which I do not think is the case, hence the quotes.

Please go back to the main question. As I see I'm not the only user who looks for support. Ruling out MTK in general without obvious reasons is wrong, anyone can brick their devices if not flashing them correctly. Nor can't the dev ignore the fact that more and more devices are pushed with MTK due to the logic decision by XIAOMI to mitigate away from the monopoly of QUALCOMM or to be able to offer Phones a reasonable - low-end market - prices.
I am sorry, but your first question I already aswered it post 3.
That's all for me on this subject.

"As I see I'm not the only user who looks for support. Ruling out MTK in general without obvious reasons is wrong, anyone can brick their devices if not flashing them correctly. Nor can't the dev ignore the fact that more and more devices are pushed with MTK due to the logic decision by XIAOMI to mitigate away from the monopoly of QUALCOMM or to be able to offer Phones a reasonable - low-end market - prices.

"MTK does not allow to boot to Fastboot if something "goes wrong" and users are forced to flash images via SPFlash Tool EDL mode which is locked by Xiaomi for few authorized accounts only.."

Here you go, your missing obvious reasons were answered now.