Region In Xiaomi.eu

DanielFG

Members
Sep 5, 2017
Hello guys, is somehow possível Change region in xiaomi.eu ROMs, because my VoLTE dont work cuz of that im sure, Im from Portugal and in miui.com when my region was not set for Spain (near country) my network showed LTE and dident work (VoLTE). But after i change region to Spain , network appear 4g and VoLTE begin to work, and i know that 4g and LTE its the same but indeed at network/software level at least for my region its not, só please its anything that i can do to Change region?

[QUOTE = "DanielFG, post: 394556, member: 181553"] Hola chicos, de alguna manera es posible cambiar de región en ROM de xiaomi.eu, porque mi VoLTE no funciona porque estoy seguro, soy de Portugal y en miui.com cuando mi La región no estaba configurada para España (cerca del país). Mi red mostraba LTE y trabajo en el lugar (VoLTE). Pero después de cambiar la región a España, la red aparece 4g y VoLTE comienzan a funcionar, y sé que 4g y LTE son lo mismo, pero de hecho a nivel de red / software, al menos para mi región, no, por favor es todo lo que puedo hacer para cambiar la región? [/ QUOTE]
[QUOTE = "DanielFG, post: 394556, member: 181553"] Hola chicos, de alguna manera es posible cambiar de región en ROM de xiaomi.eu, porque mi VoLTE no funciona porque estoy seguro, soy de Portugal y en miui.com cuando mi La región no estaba configurada para España (cerca del país). Mi red mostraba LTE y trabajo en el lugar (VoLTE). Pero después de cambiar la región a España, la red aparece 4g y VoLTE comienzan a funcionar, y sé que 4g y LTE son lo mismo, pero de hecho a nivel de red / software, al menos para mi región, no, por favor es todo lo que puedo hacer para cambiar la región? [/ QUOTE]
Hola. Intente cambiar en "build.prop", el registro "ro.miui.region" para su región, para ver cómo funciona. Saludos

Really thank u friend, any One know the code to Change in the build.prop from Portugal guys? Im really noob editing that kind of files :x i need to put pt-pt?

Change value "ro.miui.region" with BuildProp Editor
f5ffbafd6ad1bbe14f2d7a3dd0bb276e.jpg

Envoyé de mon MI 5s en utilisant Tapatalk

Reactions: pavlidisc
Thanks for the answer. But...my device is not rooted.
its really easy, i found how, do u have miui 9 rigth? on assistant search bar, type: Region , it will appear one option for chosse your region, at least it work for me , i got my 4g back insted LTE!

its really easy, i found how, do u have miui 9 rigth? on assistant search bar, type: Region , it will appear one option for chosse your region, at least it work for me , i got my 4g back insted LTE!
Thank you very much for the answer! It really works! I turned Language to English, search for "region" and changed it.
But...with restart Regions turns to Poland (in my case) and LTE again.
Your solution is good but note permeant. :-(

Thank you very much for the answer! It really works! I turned Language to English, search for "region" and changed it.
But...with restart Regions turns to Poland (in my case) and LTE again.
Your solution is good but note permeant. :-(
Yeah i know, it restart for me aswell but at least i got temporary fix :/

Btw dont forget to put phone on amor plain mode and turn off after Change region for having 4g back

Mine only shows China too and I lost the option to enable VoLTE when I moved from Miui Global Stable to Xiaomi.eu Stable. Try typing *#*#86583#*#* into the dialer and see if you can choose VoLTE after that, it worked for me.

Mine only shows China too and I lost the option to enable VoLTE when I moved from Miui Global Stable to Xiaomi.eu Stable. Try typing *#*#86583#*#* into the dialer and see if you can choose VoLTE after that, it worked for me.

Really weird :s
on VoLTE at least in portugual i can not make it work :S

Really weird :s
on VoLTE at least in portugual i can not make it work :S

I'm in the UK and mine works after typing that code into the dialler. Without the code I can't choose VoLTE though, it's greyed out. I wasn't greyed out on the official Global Stable rom. Very weird.

Not sure why mine only shows China in regions but it doesn't seem to affect anything (I haven't noticed anything anyway!)

Reactions: DanielFG
I'm in the UK and mine works after typing that code into the dialler. Without the code I can't choose VoLTE though, it's greyed out. I wasn't greyed out on the official Global Stable rom. Very weird.

Not sure why mine only shows China in regions but it doesn't seem to affect anything (I haven't noticed anything anyway!)

very weird my bro :s
well in my phone VoLTE its not greyed out and i can chosse the option but when i call some on 4g allways downgrade to 3g and no HD voice to my :(

well in my phone VoLTE its not greyed out and i can chosse the option but when i call some on 4g allways downgrade to 3g and no HD voice to my :(
This is the ONLY reason i am trying to sellect the right Region. If there is one possibility to make HD Voice work you MUST have right region selected.
On my device, VoLTE is enabled (no gray icon). But...no HD voice. I think, wrong Region is responsible for that.

In the end, we must be able to change Region!!!! Permanently!!!

This is the ONLY reason i am trying to sellect the right Region. If there is one possibility to make HD Voice work you MUST have right region selected.
On my device, VoLTE is enabled (no gray icon). But...no HD voice. I think, wrong Region is responsible for that.

In the end, we must be able to change Region!!!! Permanently!!!
In Poland Volte on Xiaomi phones its not supported, even You change region and option volte is active.
Volte is work only when 4G not downgrade to 3G when You make voice call, You have an HD or Volte badge next to the coverage stamp and operator name in the notification bar, eg Orange 4G HD/Orange 4G Volte.
The active volte option does not mean that you have volte ... If your coverage drops from 4G on 3G during a voice call and you do not have an HD or Volte stamp in the notification bar (not in the chat window because it's just from HD Voice), then your provider Mobile network does not support Volte on this phone. Maybe in other European countries Volte is supported on Xiaomi phones, in Poland is not yet supported.

Last edited by a moderator:
very weird my bro :s
Because carriers not support volte on Xiaomi phone in Yours country.
Xiaomi have problems with volte, with modem, outside China and India. They must fix this problem, fix bug in modem than Volte will be work in Your country.
On en.miui.com is The topic with the message why they decided to disable the volte option / to clear this option in most countries. You can at your own risk to turn it on, give it yourself, you can also change the region, it is possible to do it in Global Miui, China is only China region. I try change in China rom and i cant evet with root.

In Poland Volte on Xiaomi phones its not supported, even You change region and option volte is active.
Volte is work only when 4G not downgrade to 3G when You make voice call, You have an HD or Volte badge next to the coverage stamp and operator name in the notification bar, eg Orange 4G HD/Orange 4G Volte.
The active volte option does not mean that you have volte ... If your coverage drops from 4G on 3G during a voice call and you do not have an HD or Volte stamp in the notification bar (not in the chat window because it's just from HD Voice), then your provider Mobile network does not support Volte on this phone. Maybe in other European countries Volte is supported on Xiaomi phones, in Poland is not yet supported.

This is the final conclusion i came to, after searching. In Greece, Xiaomi do not support VoLTE (so NO HD Voice). Even if VoLTE switch toggle to ON, 4G drops to 3G during a call.

Xiaomi have problems with volte, with modem, outside China and India. They must fix this problem, fix bug in modem than Volte will be work in Your country.
I didn't know that. This is a disadvantage...like B20 lack.

This is the final conclusion i came to, after searching. In Greece, Xiaomi do not support VoLTE (so NO HD Voice). Even if VoLTE switch toggle to ON, 4G drops to 3G during a call.

I didn't know that. This is a disadvantage...like B20 lack.
If phone support volte and They fix this issue and Yours carrier have volte(Play in Poland dont have Volte) it will be work. But phone must support volte too, example Mi4 not have this function.
If Yours phone have B20 in hardware(modem support this band), than must work, if Yours phone dont have b20, than its not possible active with use software. Software cant add band when hardware not support.

Last edited by a moderator:
If phone support volte and They fix this issue and Yours carrier have volte(Play in Poland dont have Volte) it will be work.
If Yours phone have B20 in hardware(modem support this band), than must work, if Yours phone dont have b20, than its not possible active with use software. Software cant add band when hardware not support.
Yes... Yes... I know! B20 is a hardware issue. We have to live without this band.
:)

from my Mi5s

Yes... Yes... I know! B20 is a hardware issue. We have to live without this band.
:)

from my Mi5s
Mi5s support b20? I thin there is no Mi5s with b20, but I can be wrong. If Mi5s has this band it will work reliably. Check in description phone in official site or one a Box.