New 5G doesn't work on Mi 10 Pro (cmi) on V14.0.4.0.TJACNXM_v14-13, also doesn't work on Mi 11 Ultra current xiaomi.eu stable

rokahasch

Members
Oct 8, 2023
Upgraded my Mi 10 Pro (cmi) from V14.0.3.0.TJACNXM_v14-13 to V14.0.4.0.TJACNXM_v14-13.

After the upgrade, 5G no longer functions. I'm using a Swedish (Europe) carrier, specifically Telia/Fello. While 5G is still visible in all the menus/settings, attempting to manually search for networks only lists numerous carriers offering LTE, 3G, and GSM/EDGE-networks, with no 5G networks in sight. My phone is located in Sweden's largest city, where 5G coverage is typically excellent (and I've confirmed this with another device on another carrier/sim).

To troubleshoot, I performed a complete backup using TWRP, downgraded to V14.0.3.0.TJACNXM_v14-13, and wiped all data. With this previous version, 5G coverage was excellent once again, and a manual network search revealed many carriers offering 5G networks. However, upon upgrading this clean install to V14.0.4.0.TJACNXM_v14-13, the same issue reappeared.

(Fortunately, I was able to restore my settings and app data successfully after this troubleshooting.)

My best guess is that Xiaomi made some changes from 14.0.3 to 14.0.4 on cmi, possibly related to modems, which may not be compatible with xiaomi.eu. Another theory is that my carrier normally doesn't allow 5G at all. My cmi on xiaomi.eu, up until V14.0.4.0.TJACNXM_v14-13, was my first phone that successfully connected to 5G. It's possible that some patch or similar modification in V14.0.4.0.TJACNXM_v14-13 by xiaomi.eu was either removed or not applied correctly during the development/signing process.

Best regards,

Roka

Upgraded my Mi 10 Pro (cmi) from V14.0.3.0.TJACNXM_v14-13 to V14.0.4.0.TJACNXM_v14-13.

After the upgrade, 5G no longer functions. I'm using a Swedish (Europe) carrier, specifically Telia/Fello. While 5G is still visible in all the menus/settings, attempting to manually search for networks only lists numerous carriers offering LTE, 3G, and GSM/EDGE-networks, with no 5G networks in sight. My phone is located in Sweden's largest city, where 5G coverage is typically excellent (and I've confirmed this with another device on another carrier/sim).

To troubleshoot, I performed a complete backup using TWRP, downgraded to V14.0.3.0.TJACNXM_v14-13, and wiped all data. With this previous version, 5G coverage was excellent once again, and a manual network search revealed many carriers offering 5G networks. However, upon upgrading this clean install to V14.0.4.0.TJACNXM_v14-13, the same issue reappeared.

(Fortunately, I was able to restore my settings and app data successfully after this troubleshooting.)

My best guess is that Xiaomi made some changes from 14.0.3 to 14.0.4 on cmi, possibly related to modems, which may not be compatible with xiaomi.eu. Another theory is that my carrier normally doesn't allow 5G at all. My cmi on xiaomi.eu, up until V14.0.4.0.TJACNXM_v14-13, was my first phone that successfully connected to 5G. It's possible that some patch or similar modification in V14.0.4.0.TJACNXM_v14-13 by xiaomi.eu was either removed or not applied correctly during the development/signing process.

Best regards,

Roka
Did you found a solution for this bug?
I am afraid to do the uprgade! I want google pay and 5G!
If I have to choose I am not sure whats better!
There is also an other threat with this issure without any comment.

@tabares9002 did you have a solution?

Did you found a solution for this bug?
I am afraid to do the uprgade! I want google pay and 5G!
If I have to choose I am not sure whats better!
There is also an other threat with this issure without any comment.

@tabares9002 did you have a solution?

Unfortunately no, I haven't found a solution other than staying on 14.0.3. I can confirm that Google Pay works on cmi after upgrading 14.0.4 to 14.0.4 rebuild. My 5G behaviour is exactly the same as described above also on rebuild. 14.0.3 probably isn't Google Pay compatible anymore, so you will have to choose between Pay and 5G. And also you cant downgrade your install from 14.0.4 to 14.0.3, you have to do a complete wipe.

I guess our last hope is another firmware release by xiaomi, and thereafter hope that xiaomi.eu isn't screwing anything up with 5G. Probably not gonna happen though, I guess cmi is EOL by now...

@Igor Eisberg ist there a Chance that we get a Google Pay fix on 14.0.3? Now Mi 10 Users (umi, cmi) can choose between gpay and 5g... What would you choose?

Thanks for yout great Support over the Last years

I have also lost 5G on my Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra after the update. I am also in Sweden. I am also using Fello. I'm beginning to see a pattern..

Reactions: rokahasch
Hello all,
I think this ist a Region setting!
I have no 5G in Austria... Now i am for Business in slovenia and there I have 5G!
Maybe we can find a setting or a modification ti choose the Region with "Hidden settings" like you can do for VoWifi

Hi @mkreku and @made-in-tirol

I don't think the issues at least on cmi is related to carrier (Fello/Telia), as the device can't find any 5G networks from any carrier when doing a manual search on version >14.0.3. I haven't tried doing a manual search abroad...

@mkreku have you tried doing a manual network search on your 11 Ultra?

@made-in-tirol what device do you have? What happens when you do a manual search in your native Austria? Do you also only find 2G, 3G and 4G networks on your current version?

Hello all,
I am now Back in Austria....
I use the Standard Mi 10 Umi!
In Slovenia and Germany i get 5G Networks!
Back in Austria only 2G 3G 4G!
I have two Sim Cards one Spusu (mvno of 3AT) and A1 (the Most Common Provider)
With both Sim Cards No 5G in Austria

I have a second Phone Mi11 Lite 5G with Stock Rom 14.0.8 also No 5G in Austria.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-11-30-12-49-01-699_com.android.phone.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-11-30-12-49-01-699_com.android.phone.jpg
    204.6 KB · Views: 73
I was hoping a fix would come along after a while, but no.. Four months in and I'm still unable to use 5G with my Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra (now on MIUI 14.0.13.0).

I fixed the Problem now....
It's not a software Bug! It's a provider setting!

For me it works now perfect with gpay and 5G

Maybe there was a hack in the old version because for my second Sim card the Provider told me that I have no 5g access.
I had 5G with this sim card before the update.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-02-23-14-02-43-057_com.android.settings.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-02-23-14-02-43-057_com.android.settings.jpg
    273.9 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
I fixed the Problem now....
It's not a software Bug! It's a provider setting!

For me it works now perfect with gpay and 5G

Maybe there was a hack in the old version because for my second Sim card the Provider told me that I have no 5g access.
I had 5G with this sim card before the update.
What kind of setting is that?

What kind of setting is that?
Sorry for the delay!
I called the Provider and they told me first it should work... I discussed them and told them they should check this clearly!
Two days later I get a call and they told there was something wrong on there side...
5min later I had 5G.

So if your plan includes 5G and you see in the phone settings nr status restricted it's not the fault of the phone or software. The provider blocked it!

I think before the update there was a hidden hack that ignore restrictions of the provider!

I had 5G with "Spusu" (MVNO in Austria) before they offered it.