Relock Bootloader On Xiaomieu Rom?

steelbeans

Members
Jul 26, 2016
Hi
I'm in the UK and have been running 7.3.x for a while as it was the latest version at the time that supported android pay .

As the Google pixel was released , Google upped their game in security and disabled Android pay for unlocked bootloaders (suddenly one day it just didn't work , about a week ago ) . Safety net helper shows cts profile match false (as unlocked bootloader) which is what android pay used to check devices status.

I would prefer to stay on eu rom due to the better experience in my opinion. Running TWRP as recovery. But I've heard about bricking if I try locking the bootloader whilst I'm running this rom ?

I've since upgraded to miui 8 eu rom just to try it out and again android pay doesn't work as suspected.

Can I use adb oem lock command to lock the phone whilst using this unofficial rom and recovery ? Or will s**t hit fan ?

Thanks

I re-locked it, and it bricked the phone. Luckily i could use the miunlock tool to re-unlock the phone and it booted. You have to flash the official rom using *flash all and lock* option selected in the bottom right for it to get back to stock and lock bootloader, and then able to use android pay again. Its no where near as good battery though! :(

Any solution to locking the bootloader? I tried flashing my mi5s back to original official China ROM but no matter what, I still can't lock it.

As above. You have to use the miflash tool and select 'clean all and lock' or 'flash all and lock' (can't remember how it's said) on the bottom right corner of the window after you've selected the correct rom to flash. That will then lock it after flashing automatically.
If you've flashed back to stock already you 'may' be able to use the fastboot oem lock command, to lock the bootloader. However I'm not sure as i soft bricked my phone when I did this with a xiaomi.eu rom installed. Perhaps it'd work on stock rom? Be careful!

As above. You have to use the miflash tool and select 'clean all and lock' or 'flash all and lock' (can't remember how it's said) on the bottom right corner of the window after you've selected the correct rom to flash. That will then lock it after flashing automatically.
If you've flashed back to stock already you 'may' be able to use the fastboot oem lock command, to lock the bootloader. However I'm not sure as i soft bricked my phone when I did this with a xiaomi.eu rom installed. Perhaps it'd work on stock rom? Be careful!

Yes, i finally did it. I've just flash an official MIUI rom through miflash. Managed to get my bootloader locked and phone booting at last. However, it failed the CTS Test. Meaning no go for Android Pay.
My device is not rooted.
Any experts here can help with pointers to fix this? Many thanks in advance.

Last edited:
If the CTS has failed then the bootloader will still be locked (and you can't be rooted anyway if you've flashed stock rom and left it at that).

Try going to bootloader, fastboot oem device-info and it should display your current status.

I've done the fastboot oem device-info and my bootloader is locked.
The CTS results are:
SafetyNet request : Success
Response validation : success
CTS profile match : false

I've check using adb and fastboot, my phone is not rooted either

That is very odd. Have you tried flashing a different rom? Don't understand why you're flashing the china rom. You should be flashing global?

That is very odd. Have you tried flashing a different rom? Don't understand why you're flashing the china rom. You should be flashing global?

How am i able to flash the global rom and yet can pass CTS Test? Can you point me to the rom version to use and the flashing method. Thanks for your help :)

I just downloaded the global from here, it got updated since I downloaded but still should work!

http://en.miui.com/download-299.html

That's the global one

Hope that works otherwise I'm quite out of ideas haha. I hope you're selecting 'clean all and lock' on miflash as that'd give you a fresh start as I'm sure you know.

I just downloaded the global from here, it got updated since I downloaded but still should work!

http://en.miui.com/download-299.html

That's the global one

Hope that works otherwise I'm quite out of ideas haha. I hope you're selecting 'clean all and lock' on miflash as that'd give you a fresh start as I'm sure you know.

hi thanks! those roms are for mi5, mine is a min5s.
ive managed to pass the cts test by downgrading the rom. i think the new update must have broke something.

thanks heaps to those who chipped in to help. greatly appreciate it.