Reset Mi Note Pro For New User

stevie

Members
May 9, 2016
I am giving away my mi note pro with the latest weekly developer Eu ROM to a friend. How do I erase all my personal data, mi account and Google setting for a clean setup for the new user?

If I do a factory reset I worry that it will be back to China ROM then it will have problems with Google setting without Google play store, etc. What's the right way of doing it without affecting the existing ROM?

Also, I would like to change the ROM from developer to the latest Eu stable ROM. Where to download the ROM?

Should I change the ROM from developer to stable first before erase my personal data or vice versa?

Factory reset is found in settings or do it with TWRP. Factory reset doesn't affect the existing ROM, last installed ROM will still be there.
But essential: Delete the device from your MI ACCOUNT after doing factory reset and before giving it away, otherwise the new owner cannot bind it to his own account and use it correctly.
Flashing stable ROM is a downgrade, so do factory reset in TWRP before flashing to avoid FC's and other issues. Last stable is found in download section for stable ROMs. Be aware that this device will no longer get updates (last dev 7.11.16, last stable 9.2 or even older).

Last edited:
Thanks for your much needed advice.

With twrp I cleaned everything including the internal storage and install EU ROM with otg.

I did logout from mi account before flashing the ROM. Now,

1. how do I delete the phone from mi account and add my new device?
2. With my new phone, Will I be able to use the mi account?

1. Unbind your phone from your account in developer settings (if option is already given in your phone). Remove the device from Mi Cloud: Go to i.mi.com, sign in, click view/find device, click delete/disable device (this works by doing it on your computer).
2. Bind your new device to your account in developer settings (new phones got that option). Login to your Mi Account and you will see your new phone in Account security > Devices.
This could happen, but hardly probable: When you click on Other devices and you still see your old phone, delete it there again.
Also don't forget deleting your Google account on your device ;)

I edited my post before, see in red. Always first doing factory reset, then logout from your Mi account on your phone. But I saw you did it the right way. Never delete your Mi Account if you continue using Mi phones. Once deleted your account there is no way back in case you forgot something in your account.

Last edited:
Done. The phone is now registered with the new user. Mi account has been created for her too.

Thanks for your help

Reactions: MeiGuddet