Restored Hard-brick But Still Some Problems...

Infinitely

Members
Mar 18, 2012
So my xiaomi m2s was bricked pretty bad, I couldn't even enter the recovery. So I followed this thread and restored my phone by installing the 'aries_images_4.11.21_4.1_cn' fastboot package. So when my phone finally booted up I noticed some problems I also had prior to this brick. My sdcard storage couldn't be mounted, not in the ROM and neither with an usb cable. I have tried, for example downloading something from the browser but always get an error. When I go to fastboot and try to flash m11kkaa's flashtools with miflash, I always get this error:
5to1a.jpg

This happens with all fastboot packages by the way, not only m11kkaa's.

So my question is: Is my phone DEAD?

Last edited:
But, if you ask me what will I do, i would try this from step 1 (read carefully and do step by step):
http://en.miui.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=107586&extra=page=1&mobile=2

You`ll get new partitions layout (merged partitions), this means your SD card will be formatted correctly and there will be no more such errors that bothers you (I think and hope so)...

And if you want old layout later, it would be easy to do that, but for now it is important to fix those errors and I think this is the way (I dont know that it will work, but you can try it if you want).

Last edited:
The first thread you posted is not really relevant with my situation since I have a genuine phone.
As for the second thread, I have already tried to wipe everything, including cache and I can't seem to get an adb connection with my computer. The only type of usb connection I can get is with the pin short circuit method and regular fastboot mode.
Yes I have access to a normally functioning ROM. It's Xiaomi's old Chinese Jellybean MIUI 4.11.
And the third thread mentions installing an app through google play. I don't have GAPPS on this rom and without a working storage partition I can't flash them (nor install apps).
I have also already tried the Mi PC Suite, it always get's stuck at 50% and never progresses any further. I'm think it's the same problems in my miflash picture only Mi PC suite doesn't show details...

EDIT: I managed to download some weird terminal app from the xiaomi market app. It doesn't give me root access.

Last edited:
If you can somehow copy this Terminal Emulator and install it and than try it, who knows maybe it will work.
Also, you must to get work root access for that, find somewhere SuperSU zip file and flash it via cwm or twrp.

I booted my phone with the pin short circut method again and installed m11kkaa's flashtools. Now my sdcard is working again. The only way I can connect it to my computer, however, is by FTP (usb still doesn't work).
Strangely enough it didn't change my bootloader to G4A and recovery to TWRP. So I still got Xiaomi stock recovery and bootloader. I will try to flash superSU and then TWRP so I can restore my Cyanogenmod 12.0 ROM.

I seem to have gained a working sdcard again by flashing m11kkaa's 'aries_core_recovery_single' package through fastboot (pin short circuit method) but I still have no connection with my computer through USB. The only way I can transfer files to my phone are through FTP.