REZIP themes after changes made to them..

mchristolear

Members
Nov 21, 2010
I am having the hardest time figuring this out. I have been trying with Kuro's theme to get rid of the cursive Kuro in the lock screen and when i rezip the framework it shows up under themes but no preview and restores back to default theme. Any ideas!! sorry for the noob question.

Not great on themes, but you MAY need to sign the. Zip file as you do. Apk's. There are a few signing tools floating about on the internet for download. Might help, might not but its an avenue to explore if you are stuck

KYI

Sent from my HTC Desire using the miui-dev.com Forums App

I just open them with betterzip ( mac ) or winrar ( windows ). edit what i need to in the zip and save and close. goo for adding extra icons and changing the theme element colors.

are you on a mac when zipping it?

i had that issue before, nothing would show when i zipped a theme on OSX, i went to winrar on windows 7 and bam perfect.

I haven't tried betterzip...yes i am on mac...no access to windows. I am not sure how to resign something. I could find a tutorial online probably...i will try these out thanks!!

if you using mac or linux, try this command

1. cd /path/to/root/of/them/folder
2. zip -r /path/to/new/zip/file.zip *

A new "file.zip" will be produce and it there you should see folders like "framework, preview, icon..." etc. All those folders MUST be top of the zip file and NOT under any folder.

once i put it in betterzip and start looking at files...i want to replace the handcent icon to look like the stock one. Sticks out like a sore thumb!! Any help on how to do this??

Try adding in -0 to remove all the extra .files that OS X tends to add to folders and zip files.

So:
1. cd /path/to/root/of/theme/folder
2. zip -r -0 yourtheme.zip *

Also, I've had better luck using adb push to move the theme to my Inc, don't know if that has anything to do with it, but try it out

I was having the same problem DONT UNZIP! Use wateva program u can (idk dont have mac) and replace wateva u want just dont extract it AT ALL i use 7zip i think its called i just open an archive and do my business it works flawlessly