New Unable to connect Xiaomi 13 to PC

RobbyDock

Members
Jan 27, 2024
Hi!

This is my first time posting on the forum so pardon me if I'm in the wrong place or I'm doing something wrong, please direct me to the right place if possible.

I recent purchased a Xiaomi 13 as a Chinese important from Trading Shenzhen with the Xiaomi EU ROM. It arrived in great shape and in perfect working order.

I made a rather huge blunder a week or so into owning the device (I deleted my Xiaomi account to change regions without signing out of it on my phone and found the web portal to remove it was non functional and would return a long string of text) which left me with no option but to restore the device using TWRP. No problem I thought, I did a simple wipe and reset via TWRP and everything has been totally fine since except one thing.

Whenever I connect my device to my PC it doesn't connect properly anymore. I set it to file transfer my PC makes a connection noise and I can see the device in device Manager. It is sometimes listed as an MTP device and sometimes listed as Xiaomi 13 and even sometimes I can get as far as seeing the total capacity of the storage in file explorer but when I try to explore the files on the device File Explorer then crashes (or shows no files) and the phone no longer shows up in file explorer until I plug the device in and out.

The device also isn't detected by ADB or MiFlash but is detected by some other random programs (but like with file explorer it isn't able to interface with the device). I've tried different cables and a second PC with no luck as well as many different ADB and android drivers. From the official Google ones, to universal ones, to Xiaomi specific ones to ones I've found listed on this forum but none work all have variations of the issues mentioned.

The PC connection did work originally before I was forced to wipe as a result of my carelessness with the account locking. I've since upgraded from Miui 14 to Hyper OS stable in hopes that it would fix the issue but it hasn't made a difference sadly and I'm at a loss about what to do. Hyper OS has actually introduced lots of small bugs that I've seen other users complain about (notes not syncing, security scan freezing as well as the trending tab in mii video not working but I figure I can make a proper logcat about those when I figure out this issue)

I'm struggling at what to do next as I must confess I'm not very confident or adept with Android ROMs. If anyone knows steps I could take to remedy this problem so I can finally connect my phone to my PC again that would be great.

Not sure what caused this however it appears to be working on my laptop now since the most recent stable release.

Not working on PC still likely due to all the messing about I did with the android drivers trying to get it to work. Somewhat unsure how to fix this or what drivers I can install to properly interface with the device again now that it's working but I'm glad it's working on my laptop at least.

Thank you for all your hard work.

If anyone can point me to the correct PC drivers for my android device Xiaomi 13 fuxi I'd appreciate it, haha.

I got the same problem, phone keeps connecting and disconnecting no matter what cable I use, also shows no files so I cant move my backup pics to the phone/pc. It gets a little better when using a usb 2.0 port from the pc.

Somewhat glad I'm not the only one with issues using my device with my PC at least. I wish I could generate a lotcat or something to that effect however since my PC doesn't/can't properly interface with my device I'm unable to use ADB for anything useful.

Still, since it appears now to be working on my laptop just fine I do believe this might be a windows driver issue and not specifically device issue. Though I'm not sure which drivers to install to try make things work as expected.