Ringtones, Alarms and Notifications SOLUTION!

ackky

Members
Jul 23, 2012
I am a Samsung Galaxy s2 owner and have recently come over from JB 4.2.2 On REVOLT rom back to MIUI, i used to be an avid v4.0 MIUI user but as it was moving slow from ICS to JB I thought I would try some other ROM's and would have probably stayed if not for my love of MIUI and the built in Apps, Call Recording and FMRadio (as CM based ROMS dont have these due to being based on Android Vanilla from Nexus not Stock ROM.) and lasty its Individual design (Well done to all who are carrying on Porting etc.)
I've allways had my Alarms, tones etc in the right folders, on all ROMs, even on MIUI v4, but I had forgotten what I did. Well I've remembered! It only works with a collection of sounds Ringtones, alarms etc, what I mean is I keep a folder on my EXT card with all my sounds archived in folders so when I install a new Rom, I just copy them across
You can put your sounds in sdcard/MIUI/ringtones ; Audio or Alarms, but I've found that they just show the ringtones up in Ringtones and Notifications, Alarm is'nt even there.
Putting them in the root folder after install System/Media/Audio Ringtones etc doesn't seem to be working for some reason. I dont know if these are bugs or what?
So the best way is to install them with the Rom.
Open the Rom on a PC or on your Phone with a file manager and copy the files to
/System/Media/Audio then put them in the corresponding folder be it Ringtones or Notifications etc.
If you unpacked the Rom pack it back up and copy it to your sdcard, then install it with CWM.
If you have installed the ROM allready and can't wait until Friday, then do it anyway and copy the ROM on top of the other ROM. So long as you dont wipe Dalvik Cache or anything, then nothing should really change.
I hope this helps someone, at least one person, as I've worn my keyboard out. lol

Well done to all at MIUIandroid! Excellent work and I hope to see MIUI continue to Key Lime Pie!

I forgot to mention that you if you find that some of your sounds, ringtones etc are showing up in the music player because you are storing them on your ext card in an archive and MIUI music player is picking up what you are storing, make a file in your file manager and name it .nomedia (include the dot) then place this in the folder you DONT want displaying.
This will work for all Audio, video images etc it simply tells your device not to scan the folder when it checks for media.
I'ts an old tip and I can't remember where I got it from so I can't give thanks for it,
Also this teqnique should work with ALL devices. But I can only speak for the S2.