Rmn4 Won''t Flash And Internal Memory Not Visible

pieter123

Members
Sep 4, 2015
So i'm trying to flash my RMN4 to the latest stable Xiaomi.eu rom, but it just won''t intstall.

Steps:
  1. I got a vendor installed Rom (geekbuying MIUI Global 8.0 Stable 8.0.5.0.0 (MBFCNDG)
  2. Unlocked the phone. Already noticed that Fastboot Oem device-info doesn't work (not sure why) but with "Fastboot getvar unlocked" got confirmation that phone is unlocked.
  3. Wanted to copy rom to phone but content of phone is not visible on my computer. I "see" the RMN4 but no content. ???
  4. Copied the Rom to micro sd and put micro sd in phone
  5. copied rom from micro SD to download folder on internal memory.
  6. Installed TWRP (no problem), however TWRP also tells me my internal memory is empty (only shows the folder structure but no content and also not the download folder ????)
  7. So I installed from micro sd card. It starts, but after reboot it just start up with the pre-installed rom.

Anyone any idea what is happening? I'm not sure what is going on with the internal memory and not sure how to root now.

THanx

So i'm trying to flash my RMN4 to the latest stable Xiaomi.eu rom, but it just won''t intstall.

Steps:
  1. I got a vendor installed Rom (geekbuying MIUI Global 8.0 Stable 8.0.5.0.0 (MBFCNDG)
  2. Unlocked the phone. Already noticed that Fastboot Oem device-info doesn't work (not sure why) but with "Fastboot getvar unlocked" got confirmation that phone is unlocked.
  3. Wanted to copy rom to phone but content of phone is not visible on my computer. I "see" the RMN4 but no content. ???
  4. Copied the Rom to micro sd and put micro sd in phone
  5. copied rom from micro SD to download folder on internal memory.
  6. Installed TWRP (no problem), however TWRP also tells me my internal memory is empty (only shows the folder structure but no content and also not the download folder ????)
  7. So I installed from micro sd card. It starts, but after reboot it just start up with the pre-installed rom.

Anyone any idea what is happening? I'm not sure what is going on with the internal memory and not sure how to root now.

THanx

Hello Peter.

I have exactly the same issue on my device which I bought from geekbuying and which has the same rom preinstalled.
TWRP seems unable to mount storage and can't install custom rom.

Did you get any news about this ? Any fix ?

Thanks. Regards.

Not really,

I also tried miflash to install global fastboot rom, but nothing happens. Progress bar of miflash goes to 100% (after 5 minutes) and waited another 35 minutes but nothing happens. Rebooted and came back to pre installed Rom.

I have no idea why both methods not work and how to install another Rom

I had to install the rom from a usb flash drive (usb otg) I also had to format the internal memory before I was able to install the rom..

I guess installing via OTG or sd card is the same, but so far it just restarts.
How did you format the internal memory (and do you know what is causing this)?

I guess installing via OTG or sd card is the same, but so far it just restarts.
How did you format the internal memory (and do you know what is causing this)?
I was not able to install it from sd-card, only OTG worked for me.
There is a option to format within TWRP (dont remember the steps), perhaps you should first select wipe and then format data.

Reactions: pieter123
Not really,

I also tried miflash to install global fastboot rom, but nothing happens. Progress bar of miflash goes to 100% (after 5 minutes) and waited another 35 minutes but nothing happens. Rebooted and came back to pre installed Rom.

I have no idea why both methods not work and how to install another Rom

Hi.
Thank you for answering.
I don't have any OTG cable so I couldn't try Flipp's tip (thank you anyway Flipp).

But I found a way to flash xiaomi.eu stable rom using SP flash tool. For now my device seems to work without any issues.
I can explain if you want to give it a try Pieter.

Reactions: pieter123
Thank you for sharing.

TWRP seems to work properly now after I flashed eu rom with sp flash tool.
It will be easier to install updates in the future.

Regards.