[RN8 International] [NOT Xiaomi.EU related] No LTE B28 band

busybox11

Members
May 14, 2020
Hello,
I bought about a month ago a Redmi Note 8 in its International variant. I'm in France and want to use it with my carrier, Free, which relies a lot on B28 in my city.
Unfortunately, I can't have B28 (700MHz) working. It does work on my old Nokia 5 (700MHz full strengh) but not on my RN8 (1800MHz B3, 1/5 on status bar).
I googled a lot and can't find any related issue, no one has this version apparently.
I can't find International ROM either. The strange thing is that on the Xiaomi Website, my SN and IMEI are recognized as International RN8, which apparemtly does not exist (WTF ?).
Where can I find this International stock ROM ?
Will Xiaomi.EU ROM fix this (I wanted to stay on EvolutionX 10.0 but if I need to switch, I am going to do it) ?
How can I enable this band ? (Tried QXDM version 3, not 4 (can't find it, if you have it, I'll take it), enabling and disabling bands does not work, it seems that QXDM doesn't change anything.)

Thanks in advance and I hope that I'll receive some good help here.

busybox

No. RN8T and RN8 share the exact same hardware, but 8T has 700mhz. It relies on the Modem of the SoC (here the X12), and their bands can be locked by the manufacturer. I'm in the process of unlocking these bands.

No. RN8T and RN8 share the exact same hardware, but 8T has 700mhz. It relies on the Modem of the SoC (here the X12), and their bands can be locked by the manufacturer. I'm in the process of unlocking these bands.
You are welcome. see your results later...

Reactions: busybox11