[ROM | 4.4.4][ | WIUI 6 | ][ 4.10.10 FiNAL ] - MULTiLanguage | AROMA |

Hi guys, first I have to thank @Wajk . My Mi2s is finally reborn.

Then... Here there is a list of bugs I saw (but I don't know if they come from miui or not)

- when you activate camera from lock screen (swipe left) menu button doesn't work (to show camera settings). First I've restored the "menu function" to the menu button.
- alarm icon is never displayed in the lockscreen notifications even if it is active in notification settings (keyguard option)
- All my contacts have their own picture. For those with a higher picture quality, if I make a call I can see the entire picture on the screen. But just until the contact doesn't answer the call. After that, no more profile picture.
- I you open an app from a folder, when you come back to home (with back or home button) the folder is still open

Simone

Last edited:
Reactions: xeGox
Hi,
I (gf of lekzzz) am using a Mi2s
TDB: enabled
sys1: WiUi V6 KK 4.10.10
sys1: MiUi V5 JB (xiaomi.eu_multi_aries_4.9.26_v5-4.1)

It runs fine, except, it seems that not all of my apps can be restored on WiUi V6. It seems only because lack of ram/space.
So the V6 eats more RAM than V5? I assume this because the amount of apps and associated data should be the same.

If I decide to stick with WiUi V6, and disable the TDB again*, will that allow my to install more/old apps again? Or not?

(*I know it wipes the data, but with cwm backup I should be able to restore again?)

Btw, this rom (or v6) works wonders for the Mi2s screen.
The colors are more vibrant, screen is crisper.
The Mi2 screen 'xperience' comes soo much closer too the Mi3/Mi4
Or am I mistaken, but it really seems to be true?

Hi,
I (gf of lekzzz) am using a Mi2s
TDB: enabled
sys1: WiUi V6 KK 4.10.10
sys1: MiUi V5 JB (xiaomi.eu_multi_aries_4.9.26_v5-4.1)

It runs fine, except, it seems that not all of my apps can be restored on WiUi V6. It seems only because lack of ram/space.
So the V6 eats more RAM than V5? I assume this because the amount of apps and associated data should be the same.

If I decide to stick with WiUi V6, and disable the TDB again*, will that allow my to install more/old apps again? Or not?

(*I know it wipes the data, but with cwm backup I should be able to restore again?)

I'm not sure about what I'm gonna propose. The thing is that I used to run two AOSP ROMs in my TDB-enabled Mi2s. And that made my system memory (in TDB-enabled ROM you get 3GB for MIUI ROMs and 3GB for AOSP ROMs) to run low. I think the same is applicable for 2 MIUI ROMs, where your system memory runs low due to being used by both MIUI systems separately. But as I told at the beginning, I'm not sure, I only told what I've observed...

I'm not sure about what I'm gonna propose. The thing is that I used to run two AOSP ROMs in my TDB-enabled Mi2s. And that made my system memory (in TDB-enabled ROM you get 3GB for MIUI ROMs and 3GB for AOSP ROMs) to run low. I think the same is applicable for 2 MIUI ROMs, where your system memory runs low due to being used by both MIUI systems separately. But as I told at the beginning, I'm not sure, I only told what I've observed...
I 'fixed' by clearing (big/not important) apps (and dalvik cache) on the v5 partition. It's seems the ram partition is dynamic/elastic. I got the not so brilliant idea by the DiskUsage app, which showed me the two data folders. Cleaning out my backup, freed some space in general, which now can be used for the v6 partition.

Reactions: Elbay Malik
I 'fixed' by clearing (big/not important) apps (and dalvik cache) on the v5 partition. It's seems the ram partition is dynamic/elastic. I got the not so brilliant idea by the DiskUsage app, which showed me the two data folders. Cleaning out my backup, freed some space in general, which now can be used for the v6 partition.
When you are sure you gonna stick to WIUI v6 (as I do), you can format the MIUIv5 system's data afterwards to save yourself more space. Well done ;)

Reactions: lekzzz
After 3 days testing i can say battery could last a day (~30hs) of normal use (whatsapp, some web surfing, and bluetooth music to car stereo) with a MI2s 2000mAh battery and 1242mhz cpu limit, well done

The only bug i found was changing to spanish, it cause to FC some apps, system apps mayorly

Last edited:
Reactions: stillka
Is there a way to hibernate some apps like Greenify, but with a native MIUI 6 configuration? I have many wakelocks from Google maps and MIUI mail app an I suspect them for my not so good battery life...

Is there a way to hibernate some apps like Greenify, but with a native MIUI 6 configuration? I have many wakelocks from Google maps and MIUI mail app an I suspect them for my not so good battery life...
Do you want to freeze them? Or to hibernate them when they are not in use, and then to use them when needed. If former is the case there are many possible ways to do that (titanium backup, link2sd and etc.). But if you will use them in future, greenify is your only option. Try to use boost mode with wake-up tracker & cutoff. It works here fine with no wakeups whatsoever. By the way, as you could see from my previous post, I've frozen Miui Mail app, I'm using Outlook.com app, and hibernate it when not in use. Also, if you want to hibernate system apps, you should purchase greenify. I can assure you, it is really worth the cost.

Reactions: Danielk and Dizplay
First I would like to thanks Wajk for his amazing work.

I have a question, is it possible to keep screen on while playing music?

Thanks in advance!

Do you change the dpi for the entire phone or just per app? And how to do that?thanks!
It is very easy actually. There are tons of free apps in playstore for that purpose. I use texdroider dpi app. You just open the app, write the dpi you want your display to have, and click reboot on the app's screen. Since MIUIv5 was more skeumorphic, when changing the dpi whole Launcher was messed up. But thanks to simplistic design of MIUIv6/WIUIv6, no such issue is met when the dpi is lowered. But be cautious, status bas has already small font. If you lower it more than 260, you may not see the staus bar clock.
Wish you luck ;)

Reactions: shocks
Do you change the dpi for the entire phone or just per app? And how to do that?thanks!
And of course don't forget to give root permission to app in security/permissions/root permissions. For the app to appear in this list, you firstly have to apply a dpi and get the toast notification telling that app doesnt have root access. After that, app will be visible in root permission tab

First I would like to thanks Wajk for his amazing work.

I have a question, is it possible to keep screen on while playing music?

Thanks in advance!
Are you asking about playing music in MIUI Music player app? I don't know whether there is such an option for a specific app, but you can go to settings-display-sleep and select "never" whenever you like :))

Reactions: Riichard63
Are you asking about playing music in MIUI Music player app? I don't know whether there is such an option for a specific app, but you can go to settings-display-sleep and select "never" whenever you like :))

Oh okay thanks for you information, I was scared about that... In fact I use my phone as music player when I drive, and I think it's dangerous to change the track if I have to unlock the phone before.
I was using playerpro which allows me to keep it on. But I'm really in love with MIUI music player ^^

Oh okay thanks for you information, I was scared about that... In fact I use my phone as music player when I drive, and I think it's dangerous to change the track if I have to unlock the phone before.
I was using playerpro which allows me to keep it on. But I'm really in love with MIUI music player ^^
I understand. I've purchased poweramp, thus I'm not using anything else, since the adaptation to the new music player interface takes long. I'm happy that you've found your answer ;) cheers

Thanks, Wajk.
It would be great for Wajk to spend a lot of effort to update Mi2S and save me a lot of money(because I don't need to buy a new smartphone to replace my outdated Mi2S.

Hi, I'm using latest version of wiui.
When I want to install any app, I got "storage full" error
But I have too much storage to install apps.
Here is screenshots
https://www.dropbox.com/s/elnpim4gc0492dp/Screenshot_2014-10-16-18-10-38.png?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wjhygdog5byoic2/Screenshot_2014-10-16-18-11-46.png?dl=0

How can I resolve this issue
383MB is a very low system memory. All apps are installed into system memory. That is right, you don't have sufficient memory to install apps. Try to uninstall apps that take too much space.