[ROM] AOKP for Mi2

Same thing. There's no ringtone nor vibration.

Solved through tasker, probably was a mistake of mine...I was in mute mode, so even if I was hearing music throught my earphones, every incoming call was muted...but, turning the volume on, the phones rings right...so I've created a task on tasker to put my Volume ON when my earphones are plugged, plus to start my music player at the same time...and to switch back to how it was, when I unplug the earphones. Works nicely :)

2 things:

1) Its just me, or the audio its quite poor? I'm coming from an iPhone, same earphones...it lacks totally bass, plus the volume is quite low (i've putted it to max, with iPhone was more loud just with 70% of it)

2) everytime I switch on the phone, the borders of the widgets in the active screen are highlighted just 1 secs, only in this mod, why? Even the border of the left and right "screen" from the active ones. Its possible to turn this effect off?

ty!

Hi again guys, guess what? I was lurking around the web in search of some tutorial for this mod, and...we miss a lot of good options! O_O http://www.littlegreenrobot.co.uk/tutorials/discover-the-power-of-rom-control-in-aokp/ <-- look at this one

all the lockscreen feature like individual wallpaper, or calendar are missing (and I need them so much O_O)
plus, the settings for tweak the mhz to preserve the battery...

hope we'll get them in the next few release :9

Same thing. There's no ringtone nor vibration.

Solved (kinda): I don't know how but now the phone rings through earphones and vibrate normally. Cannot reproduce.
1) Its just me, or the audio its quite poor? I'm coming from an iPhone, same earphones...it lacks totally bass, plus the volume is quite low (i've putted it to max, with iPhone was more loud just with 70% of it

Yes, It probably is like this. To workaround you can download any system sound EQ app or music player with built-in EQ (I use Shuttle)
2) everytime I switch on the phone, the borders of the widgets in the active screen are highlighted just 1 secs, only in this mod, why? Even the border of the left and right "screen" from the active ones. Its possible to turn this effect off?

I think this is an Android Jelly Bean feature (but I never used Android stock, I might be completely wrong. If so correct me). You can either use an app like this to customize the native lockscreen or download an alternative one. I don't know if you can just stop the glowing borders of the widgets - I hate this feature too - but I workarounded this problem setting my lockscreen to "nothing" (totally unprotected, but for me it's better this way)

Time for a new bug!
I twice experienced a total touchscreen stop that occurred after I received a call with my headset in. I accepted the call and quitted it with the on-cable button, and I haven't touched the phone after. I had to force-reboot it (hold the power button 'til it DIES)
I tried reproducing it but I failed. I couldn't verify if it occurs after the phone autolock (I was in hurry). Now I'm not in condition to try this again, but I'll do it ASAP.
Can anyone confirm or disprove this bug?

Hi, not really a bug. It says that my device is a MI2, even though it's a MI2s. Any idea how that can be changed?
Otherwise, love the rom! It's much better than QDT14 that I've been using. 26k Antutu score too!

Of course DeLorean, that was not even a question

Inviato dal mio MI 2 usando Tapatalk 4

Auto focus doesn't seem to work on the front camera, and focuses slower than it used to on the main camera compared to QDT14. Quality also seems a bit lower too, especially in lower light settings now. Is that normal?

hmm, I'm the only one experiencing battery drain from "media" ? Also, i'm using rocket player, and its insanely draining my battery, its normal? Someone know a less energy hungry ones that works great enough? Rocket its really good...btw in 20min of it, plus this "media" process help, it loss nearly 10% of battery...too much!!!!

I also have a quite large drain from media storage process, but I thought it was normal. I'll monitor it.
For the player I recommend both Shuttle for music and MX Player for video, because they are both Holo-ish and easy to use.

its quite easy rocket player too, only a pain in the ass for the battery, coming from iPhone and ear music with it was really drain-less, dont know why with android it become a problem...

Me neither, I used only MIUI before AOKP, and its apps are so well optimized I never felt this problem. The only thing I can suggest you is this: try.

This thread looks just a little dead, but anyway: dunno if Someone have just said it, but I've found just now that the 3 secs audio bug isn't only for video records but also for any other audio recorder app... Like audio notes etc... Maybe its time to search for a new ROM...

I've got some troubles and questions:
  • I'm experiencing an apparent heavy drain of the battery, but when I reboot the phone the percentage discharged is half than before. Does anyone know a solution?
  • I disabled the LED during the charge, but from yesterday, after a reboot, it works. In the settings it is disabled; Wut?!
  • Where can I find a working FM radio app?
  • How can I disable the second mic for in-call noise cancelling? When I'm in a call people hear me badly, I think it's a noise cancelling problem.
  • How can I have the same options of the status bar of this ROM (custom quick toggles and slide to change brightness) on stock Android 4.3?
  • grondinm: do you plan to work on a port of AOKP on Android 4.3/4.4 in the near future? I ask this because your work is great, and I'd really like a 'sequel' : )
Thanks for reading, here's a bonus tip:
  • Since I failed to make any app work with revoked permissions I found the workaround used from MIUI ROM itself: LBE Security Master. This app has a permission blocker, an antivirus and a firewall+DND. It's all free and a team translated it to english.

Last edited:
This is for everybody (but especially for me, since I keep forgetting the sources):
Cyanogenmod for MI 2(S) on Android 4.3

Edit: as pointed out by Tubecat this is off topic in the way it is written, but this is an effective solution to the problems I asked help for in the post above. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Last edited:
Because:
  • I got here while looking for the most recent stock looking ROM for my phone
  • it is an effective solution to the problems I listed in my previous post
  • it might be interesting anyway
This doesn't change the fact that, strictly speaking, it is written in an off topic way.
My bad.

Edit: I explained it in the original post, I hope it's now misunderstandings-free.

Last edited:
getting weird wakelock issue.. suspend_backoff is the culprit.. after some googling i thought it was a chrome issue so i uninstalled chrome.. still getting a wakelock.. anyone knows whats the deal?

best AOKP rom on xiaomi 2S!!!why not update?

There is an anbearable 3s-record bug in the last version,

but I still use it, robust and fast, and I am wating for you to firx the bug for 3 month……