[ROM][AOSP4.3] GDroid V0.3

Thanks a lot dude! but a last question by data do you mean sd card memory or the apps and phone's data?

Gonna try this, been waiting to test non-MIUI stock-like stuff :p.

Edit: When you're able to add the reboot (especially with the recovery option) it'll be great. We should eventually make a list of what XDA patches / tweaks work with this.

Reactions: grondinm
Gonna try this, been waiting to test non-MIUI stock-like stuff :p.

Edit: When you're able to add the reboot (especially with the recovery option) it'll be great. We should eventually make a list of what XDA patches / tweaks work with this.

I should be able to add that soon. Maybe tomorrow. Its kinda simple looking at it. As for mods this is an assumption but I would venture to say that any mod created for Android 4.3...

Sent from my MI 2 using Tapatalk 4

Reactions: srps
Market works fine for me. As for your contacts, they should be synced when you log-in with your Google account, but I think you can backup that data somewhere and restore.

Also whew, stock android is so confusing when coming from MIUI, and having lost all my settings doesn't help either. Maybe Titanium Backup Root or something similar should help...

I'm downloading the 0.2.
I found a bug in 0.1 (maybe just mine) to verify, i also believe in 0.2 if you have not changed anything, when I turn off the smartphone after 10-20 (random) minutes on again by itself, turn it off and turn it on again after a few minutes alone.
The only solution is to turn off the switch of system 1 (miui) and turn it off.

P.S.
I removed holo launcher and greenify to be sure that they were not to create that problem, but the bug remains

For now with 0.2 is also turned off after 30 minutes, i continue to monitor it again.
Superuser does not work well for me, asking me to update via recovery of the bin SU but I haven't bin and the version of superuser is already the most current, i flashed SU in the topic of AOSP 4.3 cofface.

@kdisk98, i don't think, this rom is for aries devices (mi2/mi2s), mi2a is taurus

For now with 0.2 is also turned off after 30 minutes, i continue to monitor it again.
Superuser does not work well for me, asking me to update via recovery of the bin SU but I haven't bin and the version of superuser is already the most current, i flashed SU in the topic of AOSP 4.3 cofface.

@kdisk98, i don't think, this rom is for aries devices (mi2/mi2s), mi2a is taurus

Are you saying that you power off your phone and it turns back on...I will have to test this...

As for superuser. I have no such issue. After you flashed did you get prompted by CWM to disable recovery flashing? Did you say no?

Are you saying that you power off your phone and it turns back on...I will have to test this...
yes whit gdroid0.1 stay off for 10-20 minutes and it turns back on...for now with gdroid0.2 stay power off after 1 hour.

As for superuser. I have no such issue. After you flashed did you get prompted by CWM to disable recovery flashing? Did you say no?
opsss :) try again this evening

OP updated with install guide and bigger warning about not disabling recovery flash on partition where this rom is installed. New Version coming soon with updated kernel from xiaomi to enable LED blinking on notifications and integrating Busybox just have to flash and test it.

EDIT:It's up

Reactions: ezekiel_quacks
A question, would it be possible to integrate CM theme manager?

It should be possibble but would/will require allot of changes...i tried with initial build but it failed because of some missing files...i might try again at some point other things to do first...

Grondinm, can I use your sources for making my own custom rom with some things added by me and publish on other forum? I will give you proper credit...

Sent from my MI 2S using Tapatalk 4

@Grondnim: how is your ROM different from the one released by Xiaomi engineer ? it has been leaked on the internet.
here is the link to this ROM i am talking about.....

http://en.miui.com/thread-6929-1-1.html

Is this ROM & yours are same ? in terms of performance & features ?
All of a sudden, there is a rush in v4.3 based ROMs with few customisations although none are without any problems i guess.
which one should we go ahead with, pls guide us...

@Grondnim: how is your ROM different from the one released by Xiaomi engineer ? it has been leaked on the internet.
here is the link to this ROM i am talking about.....

http://en.miui.com/thread-6929-1-1.html

Is this ROM & yours are same ? in terms of performance & features ?
All of a sudden, there is a rush in v4.3 based ROMs with few customisations although none are without any problems i guess.
which one should we go ahead with, pls guide us...

They have released a more stock rom. no appollo music no root no busybox. They have added t9dialer and that is it. The choice of rom is yours. I have had no issues at all with my rom.....In terms of performance it should be about the same since both this rom and the AOSP rom released in xiaomi forum are based on same source...

EDIT:they do have file manager... Sorry about that.

as long as you give proper credit to everyone(me,CM team,xiaomi...) then all is fine since android is open source that's what it's for...

@grondim
In your priority add T9 dialer at top please :)
Hope next build has inbuit T9 dialer

@grondnim: there is a file explorer . i agree that other features are not there.
can you pls share only the rooting app which you used in your ROM ? preferably CWM flashable zip is best for me..
we can customise apollo music & other stuff to our needs right ? can we ?
i am planning to use pimp my rom in 4.3 & see how are the results !!! wish me good luck.
i am waiting for the root app from your side pls...

@grondnim: there is a file explorer . i agree that other features are not there.
can you pls share only the rooting app which you used in your ROM ? preferably CWM flashable zip is best for me..
we can customise apollo music & other stuff to our needs right ? can we ?
i am planning to use pimp my rom in 4.3 & see how are the results !!! wish me good luck.
i am waiting for the root app from your side pls...

Yes sorry they do have a file manager. To root just use the zip in the AOSP thread on this forum.