[rom] Cm 13 - Fixed Standby Battery Drain

phamhuytung192

Members
Dec 9, 2016
Good news for all Redmi Note 4 users, there is a new rom based on CM 13 can fix the standby problem really well, you can download here:

https://www.mediafire.com/download/2m3cdroke5dgf4f (You can flash using TWRP Recovery)

I just flashed this one today and the standby battery was decreased a lot (really a lot), I turn on LTE/ 3G+ and 1 browser, then I turn off the screen, it takes only 1%/70 minutes and even much more! (I have used only one 3G sim for this test, no 4G sim).

The only problem in this ROM is fingerprint doesn't work, but in my opinion the standby problem is mainly because of the fingerprint, it's only on wherever you touch/ use it that's why it takes a lot of battery while in standby mode, but only in this ROM, the fingerprint didn't work at all so no more battery drain in standby mode.

According to this, in any other ROMs (that the fingerprint work) you need to completely disable/ unbind (not just turn off) the fingerprint hardware, you can have a reference how to do it here: http://android.stackexchange.com/questions/153948/completely-disable-the-fingerprint-sensor

*You also need to install this one for better standby battery:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.rootuninstaller.batrsaver
(Need root permission)

*Rom Error:
+ Can't use home button
+ No Fingerprint
+ Performance is just okay.

*Update:

1.The problem is just not in the fingerprint, it is in the Sim Card also, It's weird when I use 1 Sim card, just 1-2%/ hour, but when I use 2 Sim Card, it takes 4-5%/ hour. (1 3GB and 1 4GB Sim card)
2. The standby problem is still there, but compare to any other, this ROM has the best standby battery.

=> We can use this rom while waiting for a better stock rom that can fixed the standby battery problem.

Last edited:
I found out that using wifi drains much more standby battery, I re-flash EU ROM, then I used 3G, left data mobile on for overnight (with Messenger, Chrome, Greenify, L-Speed, Setting is running background), It drains only 5% in almost 8 hours compare to 8%-10%/ hours using wifi.

hey, can u give me the tutorial of installing this rom?
thanks

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

Hello.
I don't think that the problem is with the fingerprint unlock option. Many phones have that option and on top of that I tried using the regular global stable rom with airplane mode on and only 1% is spent on 8 hours.
During all that time fingerprint works normal.

Update: After 3 months, I decided to sell this device, give up, I have tried everything to fix and I realized the problem is because of the Mediatek chipset, It consumed much more power than Intel or Qualcomm, even in standby mode, so there is really no fix for this problem. That's why after many rom version released, the problem is still out there, since it completely belongs to hardware problem, all you can do is just buy another phone.

I just bought Redmi 4 Prime, I used two 4G SIM with mobile data on all days, I got almost 16 hours Screen on time and 3 days usage without fixing anything.