Rom For Redmi 3 Pro

smarter_phone

Members
May 16, 2016
Hi,

I recently bought a Redmi 3 Pro (should get it the next days) and want to install a xiaomi.eu ROM. I requested for an unlock permission but I read that this usually takes 2-4 weeks. Around 2 months ago I flashed a xiaomi.eu 7.1.3 Miflash rom on a Redmi 3 (non pro) for a friend and thought about flashing the same to the pro version.

Is it save to flash that version to the pro version and does anybody have experiance with that combination (read somewhere that it may cause SIM problems but aren't sure). I don't care about the fingerprint reader but it would be nice if it correctly detects the 32GB and 3GB RAM and runs smooth.

When I get my unlock permission I will flash the newest fastboot version but till now I am limited to miflash versions of xiaomi.eu ROMs and there doesn't seem to be any more recent ones.

Any experience or suggestions for the redmi 3 pro?

I just recieved the SMS with unlock so it took about a week.

Anyone knows if the ido ROM contains support for the fingerprint reader?

Same here. 7 days and I got sms. I flashed newest dev xiaomi.eu rom to Redmi 3 pro and fingerprint is working without any problem.

Same here. 7 days and I got sms. I flashed newest dev xiaomi.eu rom to Redmi 3 pro and fingerprint is working without any problem.
Hey can you please tell me how to flash xiaomi.eu, I have pro version. I just want to get root permission. I did a request for unlocking bootloader and they approved my request. Now how to proceed? I will appreciate it if you can help me.

Sent from my Redmi 3 using Tapatalk

Hey can you please tell me how to flash xiaomi.eu, I have pro version. I just want to get root permission. I did a request for unlocking bootloader and they approved my request. Now how to proceed? I will appreciate it if you can help me.

Ok, so here are my steps:
1. Unlock bootloader:
a) You need to be on official china dev rom (download from miui.com)
b) Unlock with MiFlashUnlock - I used this: MiFlashUnlock_1.1.0317.1_en - en . miui . com/thread-200858-1-1.html
2. Download latest dev xiaomi.eu global rom for IDO and put it on internal storage on the phone.
3. Flash twrp (need to boot into Bootloader mode - power+vol down). I used this one: goo . gl/oKfNrI
a) I just used fastboot, not included script as I have some problem with adb driver
b) open cmd and go to directory where you extracted recovery and other files
c) type in cmd: fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.0.2-0-ido.img
d) type in cmd: fastboot boot twrp-3.0.2-0-ido.img
e) now your phone should boot into recovery
4. Wipe and Flash install zip from 2nd step. Reboot
5. download and put on internal storage root package: download . chainfire . eu/932/SuperSU/BETA-SuperSU-v2.71-20160331103524.zip?retrieve_file=1
6. install this package from twrp (to enter recovery, pres and hold vol up button during restart and hit recovery)
7. Reboot and you should have root

Everything is explained here:
en . miui . com/thread-200858-1-1.html
and here:
en . miui . com/thread-265035-1-1.html

REMOVE SPACES FROM LINKS

Ok, so here are my steps:
1. Unlock bootloader:
a) You need to be on official china dev rom (download from miui.com)
b) Unlock with MiFlashUnlock - I used this: MiFlashUnlock_1.1.0317.1_en - en . miui . com/thread-200858-1-1.html
2. Download latest dev xiaomi.eu global rom for IDO and put it on internal storage on the phone.
3. Flash twrp (need to boot into Bootloader mode - power+vol down). I used this one: goo . gl/oKfNrI
a) I just used fastboot, not included script as I have some problem with adb driver
b) open cmd and go to directory where you extracted recovery and other files
c) type in cmd: fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.0.2-0-ido.img
d) type in cmd: fastboot boot twrp-3.0.2-0-ido.img
e) now your phone should boot into recovery
4. Wipe and Flash install zip from 2nd step. Reboot
5. download and put on internal storage root package: download . chainfire . eu/932/SuperSU/BETA-SuperSU-v2.71-20160331103524.zip?retrieve_file=1
6. install this package from twrp (to enter recovery, pres and hold vol up button during restart and hit recovery)
7. Reboot and you should have root

Everything is explained here:
en . miui . com/thread-200858-1-1.html
and here:
en . miui . com/thread-265035-1-1.html

REMOVE SPACES FROM LINKS
Can you link me IDO rom for redmi 3 pro?

Great, tnx for step-by-step guide...
But i have one question...
How to get my device activated?
In my MIUI acc it says my Redmi 3 PRO isnt activated...

I tried flashing dev rom (while waiting for unlock permission), but it always gives me a "cannot verify update" message. i downloaded the official dev china rom from miui.com. also strange is that whenever i connect it to a pc with adb running, i don't get an authorization prompt and therefore cannot access it via adb from the pc (usb debugging is enabled)

Great, tnx for step-by-step guide...
But i have one question...
How to get my device activated?
In my MIUI acc it says my Redmi 3 PRO isnt activated...

What do You mean by activate device? I didn't do anything like it.

I tried flashing dev rom (while waiting for unlock permission), but it always gives me a "cannot verify update" message. i downloaded the official dev china rom from miui.com. also strange is that whenever i connect it to a pc with adb running, i don't get an authorization prompt and therefore cannot access it via adb from the pc (usb debugging is enabled)

You don't need adb for that. Use MiFlash.
1.Download MiFlash,
2.Download dev rom,
3.Unpack it (it can be packed twice so You need to unpack until You get few files with .bat and .sh extension
4. Turn off You phone and turn it back on with Power and Volume+ buttons.
5. You should see menu with some english/chinese words > hit download
6. Flash rom using MiFlash (You need to browse to files You unpacked in 3rd step)

Thats it.

Reactions: wardakhin