[rom]-- Smiui Rom -- Ultimate Custom Rom --[multilang,stable/weekly]

reported the following issues 5.9.2
Aplications messages crash
widgets work but after a while appears a message "Dolby Digital" in their place .... maybe solved with a second wipe chace.

for now the text rom, to return to the maximum flash 05/09/17 ome recommended.

thanks a lot

I used cmw to make a weekly backup before a rom update.

Apparently I need twrp now? Can this make similar backups too? And choose which system while to flash the Rom too?

Cancro I mean. Have some issues with widgets and mifit :(
At least the version of twrp I know does NOT allow me to choose the system or to switch to the other system.
That's the main reason why I still prefer cwm because in case of a newly installed system not booting I can still switch back to the other system.

Or does anybody know a solution for that situation with twrp?

I installed 5.9.10 and Messages app FC when opening any message. Then reverted to smiui6 and everything started to crash in a loop.
I had to do a full wipe to get smiui6 working.

All using mi-recovery. Anyone have tips to jump to 5.9.17?

:( no one xposed module working with this rom? I wanna try this but i realy need tabletmetrics module for unlocked spotify to live.. In smiui kk works flawlessly and i though that would work with v7 too..

Perfomance mode doesn't give any affect on redmi note 2 (hermes)
If there any tweak for front camera it would be helped so much, I thought its pre-captured likely zoomed by default and its high beauty mode like no affect with beauty mode turn off.
Sorry for my bad english.
uploadfromtaptalk1442920285507.png

uploadfromtaptalk1442920348445.png

Sent from my Redmi Note 2 using Tapatalk

Performance mode bug is a baserom bug

Thats no bug .. This is simply Xiaomi not caring about finishing their ROMs .. I can tell you the whole problem since it started with aries Android L!

When you press the button to switch to performance mode, a property will be set to your phone, this property is called persist.sys.aries.power_profile (on all devices ! )

On the other hand we´ve got the initramfs which includes the init process . In older releases (with working powermodes) there was a "service" that did nothing but check that power_profile property. Once the property switched to "high" or "medium", that service could enable some mods to the cpu,gpu and thermal config.

Im sick of fixing all that **** from xiaomi, so I stopped caring about it as well as Xiaomi did.
I have fixed it for Mi3 Mi4 and Mi-Note , since I own a Mi4 and Mi-Note is pretty similar ... the other devices have to live with that "bug" .. It doesnt affect all, but quiet a lot!

Just a little lesson in initramfs, bootprocesses and xiaomi just pushing out new phones without completely finishing existing ones..

Im sick of fixing all that **** from xiaomi, so I stopped caring about it as well as Xiaomi did.
I have fixed it for Mi3 Mi4 and Mi-Note , since I own a Mi4 and Mi-Note is pretty similar ... the other devices have to live with that "bug" .. It doesnt affect all, but quiet a lot!

Just a little lesson in initramfs, bootprocesses and xiaomi just pushing out new phones without completely finishing existing ones..

@sebsch1991 When you said some weeks ago that you had a new project coming i kinda hoped it was a different rom not miui based.I know that is a matter of personal taste but i really can't see why some people love so much miui.Imho it's heavier and kinda messy without an app-drawer, but i respect everyone's taste.
I don't want to spam the thread, i'm just writing these because i see that you too are sick of xiaomi's sh**.For now there is noone developing for mi2s, Micha has his uefi project and Khaon i guess is working with nexus devices.Wouldn't be great if you continue the development of CM12.1 rom?Or a CM based rom, or an aosp rom.This is just a suggestion.Keep up the good work!

yep but let's say for me for example i love miui. much more than aosp. It's heavier, i dont think is less smooth or fast indeed but is muuuuch more let's say elegant than aosp. but i don't like aosp in general, only think i miss so much is the expanded notification, i searched for xposed module but didn't find anything...
anyway keep working, also if xiaomi doing lotof shits...really i don't know why...software should be the best since they starting from software and not from hardware...

Fair enough - then, at least, let's get rid of all the MIUI stuff that simply does not work instead of wasting a lot of time and efforts...^^

Reactions: Addamas
yep but let's say for me for example i love miui. much more than aosp. It's heavier, i dont think is less smooth or fast indeed but is muuuuch more let's say elegant than aosp. but i don't like aosp in general, only think i miss so much is the expanded notification, i searched for xposed module but didn't find anything...
anyway keep working, also if xiaomi doing lotof shits...really i don't know why...software should be the best since they starting from software and not from hardware...
We can argue all day about the looks of each rom as it's a matter of personal taste.For me the lack of app drawer is like a messy windows desktop full of shortcuts, so i can't define it as elegant.Also about the HDR i can respond with a lot features that missing from miui and are present in CM based roms.But in terms of ram usage and overall response i think miui it's heavier and that it's not a subjective opinion.If Seb can solve the few remaining issues of CM12.1 i think it would be overall a better rom.Please don't argue here about what is the best rom, i was just making a suggestion to Seb, respect him and his work.

... i was just making a suggestion to Seb, respect him and his work.

That's what I did as well^^ But you are right, there is no need in discussing back and forth the pros and cons of other ROMs here and yes, I do respect Seb's work as well.

We can argue all day about the looks of each rom as it's a matter of personal taste.For me the lack of app drawer is like a messy windows desktop full of shortcuts, so i can't define it as elegant.Also about the HDR i can respond with a lot features that missing from miui and are present in CM based roms.But in terms of ram usage and overall response i think miui it's heavier and that it's not a subjective opinion.If Seb can solve the few remaining issues of CM12.1 i think it would be overall a better rom.Please don't argue here about what is the best rom, i was just making a suggestion to Seb, respect him and his work.

Ehi keep quiet. I never un respected seb, i love his work. And all that's your opinion, is not the way telling and speaking with someone. You have yours I've mine and speak better with me.