[rom]-- Smiui Rom -- Ultimate Custom Rom --[multilang,stable/weekly]

My Italian friend , my only aware is if there exist a script which sends the system of the zip to sys1 or sys2. In example the previous zips sends the system to system1, will now the zip send the system of the zip to the system w/o numbers? I believe (i believe...) not because all this messy things are done by the recovery.

Sent from my MI 2S using Tapatalk

The answer to your question may offer someone more experienced than me.
But You complicate your life, because it seems useless to have two partitions, one of which is only 5Mb.

The best solution is make only one system partition using Updater app (w/o custom recovery) or using Miui PC suite.
Full backup is highly recommend!

Inviato dal mio Mi2s utilizzando Tapatalk

hum..Im yet with sMiui v6 kitkat but i think its time to try this rom.

What u think is the best way to make a backup? using miui backup app? do u use another one with better results?
I dont know also if i will have problems with restore kitkat apps to lolipop system.
I appreciate some advices.

Thanks in advance.

Xiaomi Mi2s 16gb

I used titanium for apps and data and miui app for system things too but now i dont have titanium unlocked and im searching for other way.
im yet with cwm but I will try twrp to make a bakcup and i will probably make miui backup too for system things.

thanks for your post

I tried to install 5.12.10 on my Mi2S with and without fast rom creation and it gave me the same error in TWRP. I'm on 5.11.19 now. Any suggestions?
2uomkwm.jpg

Last edited:
Time for a step--by-step tutorial for upgrading mi2(s) imho. Too many stories of people fail to upgrade, including myself. Unfortunately I cannot be of assistance, as my sd-card got lost in the process of updating to merged system and got stuck on black Mi-screen. Had to flash miui v6 and am now on latest not-merged smiui v7 5-11-12, which is working quite nice btw and sd-card is back too. Blank though, but I'm happy I got the phone working again. I'll try updating to newer versions when I fully understand the process and when updating is fool-proof LoL

Sent from my MI 2SC using Tapatalk

Okay who is going to post #5000......! Everybody share kudos for @sebsch1991 for his hard and constructive work

Sent from my MI 2SC using Tapatalk

The answer to your question may offer someone more experienced than me.
But You complicate your life, because it seems useless to have two partitions, one of which is only 5Mb.

The best solution is make only one system partition using Updater app (w/o custom recovery) or using Miui PC suite.
Full backup is highly recommend!

The thing is the compatibility... Because other ROMs are built with sys1 modem1 etc.

The thing is the compatibility... Because other ROMs are built with sys1 modem1 etc.

I get it now...
Your doubts concern the compatibility with other ROM.
Sorry, I'm a bit stupid.
(and my English is really poor...)

Last edited:
No WhatsApp delay notification on 5.12.10. Finally! :)
Great ROM.

preview.png

We should make some stickers...
:)

Last edited:
I get it now...
Your doubts concern the compatibility with other ROM.
Sorry, I'm a bit stupid.
(and my English is really poor...)

Flashed with TWRP 2.8.6.0 and everything works. I do not have to use Updater app since it works. Happy Mi2s owner once again...

Can i update on 5.12.10 of xiaomi.eu on updater ?

Envoyé de mon MI 2SC en utilisant Tapatalk

Flashed with TWRP 2.8.6.0 and everything works. I do not have to use Updater app since it works. Happy Mi2s owner once again...

Yes, everything works, and this confirm what I had already written before.
Updater app is required only to create one merged system partition because TWRP fails to do this.
(Usually 512Mb visible / 512Mb hidden)

I'm happy for you. :)

Reactions: kamakasnh
Something weird had happened with cooking last rom for Aries, just today I noticed that in 5.12.10 there is missing GoogleCalendarSyncAdapter in /system/app and it was in 5.12.3 .

I was suprised why I can't see any new made changes in my calendar on my PC ^^

Edit: Same was on MIUI Polska (Polish version) so it must be Chinese bug to not include this file... funny

Last edited:
Hi after flashing via fastboot the last miui and then installed the last sMIUI i am having problems with Gmail. Every time i try to check the email i get : "problema sconosciuto google play service".

I have unistalled Gmail app, deleted google account, cleaned app cache.. Wiped data....what may I do?

Inviato dal mio MI 2S utilizzando Tapatalk

Hi after flashing via fastboot the last miui and then installed the last sMIUI i am having problems with Gmail. Every time i try to check the email i get : "problema sconosciuto google play service".

I have unistalled Gmail app, deleted google account, cleaned app cache.. Wiped data....what may I do?

Just my guess, but it can be related to what I posted above :
Cook 5.12.3 or if you have copy GoogleCalendarSyncAdapter folder from /system/app in rar to your /system/app with drwx-rx-rx and rw-r--r- for GoogleCalendarSyncAdapter.apk inside this folder...
Then reboot and check if it's still getting problems :D

Reactions: Snuffie
Just my guess, but it can be related to what I posted above :
Cook 5.12.3 or if you have copy GoogleCalendarSyncAdapter folder from /system/app in rar to your /system/app with drwx-rx-rx and rw-r--r- for GoogleCalendarSyncAdapter.apk inside this folder...
Then reboot and check if it's still getting problems :D

Hi addamas, thanks for the reply, i have tried to install again the rom and Gmail worked again.

Reactions: Addamas