[rom]-- Smiui Rom -- Ultimate Custom Rom --[multilang,stable/weekly]

I have a mi4, most apps are closed after 10 min.
So ram is relatively cleared. I open a browser. I enter an web address. Partial load... So I refresh. Fully loads. I open new tab, same web address. Partial load... from the last bit I would expect that the page was already cached.
Maybe it's block/allow host check?

Hi, i've installed Smiui 5.7.9 on my Mi2A and wow it looks very good and it's really fast and stable ^^

I just noticed some bugs :
  • zRAM is missing, and it cause a lot of issues : for example, sometimes the keyboard doesn't show or when i close big apps like Chrome the launcher needs to be reloaded.
  • Sometimes audio is delayed from the video (not a lot, i think something like 200ms)
  • No slowmotion and RAW options in miui camera (i know that it's caused by missing drivers but maybe it's possible to include JB drivers in this rom ?)
But battery life is good and almost everything works great, thanks for this rom ;)

Hi.
Just installed sMiui 5.7.9 on my MI4 LTE using the updater app, coming from 5.5.29, and is now stuck on sMiui boot logo.
Having the stock recovery, both Mi-Recovery 2.0.1 and fastboot works fine, so I'm quite sure that I will get the phone up and running again :)

But being an idiot, I didn't do any backup before the update (yeah, my own fault! :) ). Have tried wiping cache, and booting to system 2 didn't help. I assume that any further actions will wipe the the phone? Next option will be entering fastboot and update to 5.7.10.
Pictures are backed up with Dropbox, so no problem there, but my SMS backup is one month old, so that will be the only loss.
Just wanted to comfirm that there is no way recover the SMS messages, once I flash 5.7.10 through fastboot and Mi PC Suite?

Well back to the Mi 2S for now :)

Last edited:
Version 5.7.9 have Data Saver option? Because in version 5.6.11 for Redmi Note this option is missed.

I also can't find it here... Mi2s
It's my battery or some drivers that makes sometimes battery % drop from a number like 53 to 49 in one change?

I searched on the forum but I got lost among the thousands of questions, I ask you one thing: I have a lollipop CM12.1 the system 1 and system 2 on miui v5, with CWM 6.0.5.0 and TDB active.
Okay that TDB is old etc ... but I need to have two separate systems. Can I install the system on V6 sMIUI 2 but with the CWM 6.0.5.0 or installing the I sMIUI V6 replaces the recovery with MiRecovery?

are there any bluetooth issues with the latest/later mi2s smiui lollipop roms? also, would be nice if xiaomi got the mi2s up to android 5.1, i hear the camera api is much better

How can i update the ROM to 5.7.9 ??
I dont have CWM ! sMiui relplaces the custom recovery with Mirecovery
help

That's because you don't have unlocked bootloader.
fastboot oem unlock or something like that. It will erase all your data.

I've tried, before flashing, the command fastboot oem unlock: Mirecovery overwrites cwm.. I think it's because sMiui is based on Miui Multi which always install Mirecovery

I searched on the forum but I got lost among the thousands of questions, I ask you one thing: I have a lollipop CM12.1 the system 1 and system 2 on miui v5, with CWM 6.0.5.0 and TDB active.
Okay that TDB is old etc ... but I need to have two separate systems. Can I install the system on V6 sMIUI 2 but with the CWM 6.0.5.0 or installing the I sMIUI V6 replaces the recovery with MiRecovery?
It should be replace recovery I think

Envoyé de mon MI 2SC en utilisant Tapatalk

But if it's so, why there is Aroma version? It can be only flashed using CWM or a custom recovery, but after flash the rom overwrite the Mirecovery.. Have we to flash cwm using adb every time?

How do i update THIS ???
i dont have CWM anymore!

As I write in a post on xda:

SkiFire13 said:
For install fastboot see that

Power off the phone and press Power and Vol -

Download the .img file of the recovery you want (if it's a zip file extract the recovery.img)

Use a USB Cable for connect the Phone to the pc

Open cmd and write:
Code:
fastboot oem unlock
Press enter and after write
Code:
fastboot flash recovery %path of the recovery%
%path of the recovery% is the place of your .img file
For examble my .img file is TWRP.img and is located in my download folder.
%path of the recovery% will be C:\Users\SkiFire13\downloads\TWRP.img

Ah, CWM is a dead project, please consider to use TWRP instead

But if it's so, why there is Aroma version? It can be only flashed using CWM or a custom recovery, but after flash the rom overwrite the Mirecovery.. Have we to flash cwm using adb every time?

It's fastboot, not adb, but yes, you have to flash everytime the recovery. I'm using CM12.1 for this

As I write in a post on xda:

Ah, CWM is a dead project, please consider to use TWRP instead

It's fastboot, not adb, but yes, you have to flash everytime the recovery. I'm using CM12.1 for this
Yes sorry I mean fastboot :D however, is there a TWRP which supports merged partitions?