[rom]-- Smiui Rom -- Ultimate Custom Rom --[multilang,stable/weekly]

Hi,

I would like to install smiui on a mi2s, but i'm unable to install it..
I have read all the pages of the topic.

First i have install last official developper edition of MIUI with fastboot.

I don't know if i have merged or unmerged partition :(

One of the last "how to install on mi2s" in this topic is to install TWRP.

So i have install TWRP, first version with merged partition, last with unmerged, and i have always the same error when flashing the rom. Can't mount (or find) /system partition... Flashing is during just one minutes, and my device don't boot.. (stay at MIUI logo)

Someone can telle me exactly what to do to install smiui on mi2s ?
How generate an image (wich mod i MUST uncheck)
And how i can flash it on my device..

Any help would be appreciate ;)
GBs.

I´ve enabled a new function in the kitchen "Fast ROM" !

Enable "Fast ROM" on smiui.net and your ROM will be created in just a few seconds. Please keep in mind, that Fast ROMs can only be flashed with custom Recoveries like CWM or TWRP because they are not signed.

Signing ROM-Zips consumes lots of memory (RAM) , takes a lot of time and can sometimes lead to Errors in the kitchen. Fast ROMs will not get signed, so you can download them instantly.

But since they are not signed, you can only install with CWM or TWRP.

I did that to reduce load and Errors on the Server.

hello sebsch1991,
Having said that you did a great job, I would like to point out a few bugs:
1 I use TouchPal keyboard and sometimes, is loaded by default the system keyboard (random)
2 sometimes I lose the account from the market of google (random)
3 Use the application EASE Backup and programming is not respected (h. 2:00 a.m.)
4 use SD maid for cleaning the system and also in this case, the programming is not respected
otherwise everything works perfectly, battery management is excellent
thank you
Yes, same (similar) here everytime i use miui backup.
After backup ends the widgets in my home disappears, i lost my Play Store account and the keyboard is loaded with default language.

...it happens only with LL.

WTF?

Anyway the ROM is really good.

Inviato dal mio Mi2s utilizzando Tapatalk

Last edited:
Yes, same (similar) here everytime i use miui backup.
After backup ends the widgets in my home disappears, i lost my Play Store account and the keyboard is loaded with default language.

...it happens only with LL.

WTF?

Anyway the ROM is really good.

Inviato dal mio Mi2s utilizzando Tapatalk
I too loose widgets regularly. I suspect backup too. Not sure though.
Mi4 here.

Yet battery is excellent on this rom for me.

I too loose widgets regularly. I suspect backup too. Not sure though.
Mi4 here.

Yet battery is excellent on this rom for me.

Can confirm this: when using the MI Backup almost all homescreen settings are lost and/or different (but I use Nova launcher, therefore it may be difficult to blame MIUI for this^^)

Hi, I would like to install smiui on a mi2s, but i'm unable to install it.. I have read all the pages of the topic. First i have install last official developper edition of MIUI with fastboot. I don't know if i have merged or unmerged partition :( One of the last "how to install on mi2s" in this topic is to install TWRP. So i have install TWRP, first version with merged partition, last with unmerged, and i have always the same error when flashing the rom. Can't mount (or find) /system partition... Flashing is during just one minutes, and my device don't boot.. (stay at MIUI logo) Someone can telle me exactly what to do to install smiui on mi2s ? How generate an image (wich mod i MUST uncheck) And how i can flash it on my device.. Any help would be appreciate ;) GBs.

I'm not so expert but i think you should use TWRP 2.8.7.0 (this works well for me) via fastboot.

Before installing delete the old recovery: in fastboot type
fastboot erase recovery

then flash the recovery with:
fastboot flash recovery therecoveryname.img

then finish with
fastboot boot recovery.img

When inside the recovery you choose Install and select your smiui.zip ROM

After this you'd better wipe.
It should work fine.

About "choosing" the mods..just choose the one you find more useful.
If you don't use miui cloud you can go without xiaomiframework and save a lot of battery.
Also the weather app is a battery sucker.

If I explained anything wrong please anyone correct me .

Last edited:
Hello, I have to note 2 Redmi 5.9.30, I want to upgrade to 5.10.8, I can do so only with TWRP wipe cache and Dalvik, not to miss anything and not have to reinstall all apps .... ?? ?, Thank you.

@sebsch1991 did you try this kernel in the new rom? If not can I just flash it after I've updated tot the latest sMiui?
Yes you can , but I do not recommend it . I tried it and double tap to wake worked. But I had bad battery life and some other problems, so I removed the kernel... Dont need dt2w that much, try by yourself :)

Reactions: lekzzz
@sebsch1991, Might help me, thanks ...
Read here -> smiui.net/howto.php

you can flash with Updater App - you will not lose your data
you can flash with MiRecovery - you will not lose your data
you can flash with TWRP - you will not lose your data
you can wipe /data partition before flashing in TWRP - you will lose your data

Reactions: canijito

OK, Thanks....

i can't flash with Updater

Could someone please briefly explain the different when wiping user data or even data partition is necessary? For my personal understanding, wiping cache partition and dalvik is sufficient in most cases for a "clean" flash...?

Could someone please briefly explain the different when wiping user data or even data partition is necessary? For my personal understanding, wiping cache partition and dalvik is sufficient in most cases for a "clean" flash...?
Your smartphone consist of multiple partitions
The most interesting for you is:
/recovery -> here is your recovery image stored (stock,cwm,twrp)
/cache -> here is some temporary cache data
/system -> here is your ROM stored (this gets wiped everytime you flash/update your rom again)
/data -> here is all your user data stored (settings,downloaded apps, contacts, etc... )
/sdcard -> here is all your external accessable data stored (pictures,videos,recordings,etc... )

Wiping data is a synonym for "reset to factory default settings" and will erase all your settings,apps,etc ...
You should do that for the following reasons:
- You are upgrading to a newer Version of the ROM (sometimes Xiaomi changes a lot of things so its better to wipe all the old settings and let the new ROM create it again clean.
- You used your device for a long time without wiping data ( to clear old garbage from old apps, this will speed up your device.

Please keep in mind that when using xiaomi.eu or sMiUI ROMs, you should always reflash the ROM after you wiped data, because they also install some Files to the data partition.