[rom]-- Smiui Rom -- Ultimate Custom Rom --[multilang,stable/weekly]

How can I deactivate the screen off animation? I didn't select it in the kitchen and I have it now. What can I do? Mi2s

Flash ROM again, and uncheck screen off animation.

Wysłane z mojego MI 4W przy użyciu Tapatalka

Hmm,
Something seems to me that in mi2s (Android 5.x.x), you can't turn off screen off animation. Just can't.

Wysłane z mojego MI 4W przy użyciu Tapatalka

But when you check / uncheck anything it opens a new tab in stock Browser. Pop-ups are the most hated adds someone could add. IMHO that's more a bug than real thing.
I would accept looking on ads after you cook but not 5 times per preparing rom!

Xiaomi Mi2S with sMIUI
Personally I disabled adblocks , like Sebsch kindly requested in order to be able to provide the website to begin with. No troubles here.

If ppl are bothered by the ad things, can always fork, develop, maintain and run projects and websites yourselves?

And I, and my friend, donated as well... More than once. Resources, either time or service, always have their price. :)

Sorry for the popup problems. I mentioned in the german Thread that I never planned to bomb you with hundreds of popups.. It was supposed to come up only once per day... I just had some bugs in the code (nobody is perfect :/ ) and removed it.

Further I think its not completely Advertisement .. GearBest really has great prices. I dont say that because they support me with some xiaomi devices... I dont get any $$ from what you buy from them. They send me xiaomi devices, so I can improve development for those devices. And I would not cooperate with them if I would not think you guys could really like their stuff!

I will keep sending you guys coupon codes I receive directly from my gearbest contact. If you like them, use them. :)

Thanks jack4ya you and your friend have sent some great donations. I have that in mind!

I will try to fix the popup problem or find another method to keep the project running. Dont want to annoy you guys again.

me too, i noticed them specially when deep sleep mode is on.. whatsapps notification dont show until i open the apk,

didnt happen with previous one 19.11
I got it as well... Seems like a major problem in the last months releases... Couldnt really find any source of the problem, but i am still trying to find it :/ Lets see what future brings..

I appreciate your work Sebsh and I am really sorry for my lost of temper :-( Google and their Ads everywhere made me a hater of all popups and annoying not site related adverts. But these are :)
Only problem was related to making it harder to use because of this bug.

Never let anyone like me to change your mind about what you are doing.

Xiaomi Mi2S with sMIUI

Update using Updater app to merge partitions. Using MiRecovery it won't merge the partitions, tested by myself on mi2s. After flashing with Updater app you'll see the /system double it's capacity, it will be 1gb.
Hi, i was trying to update my mi2s using updater app (select update package) but it said error and eventually can not update. Currently on 11.5 and will update to 11.19 (merge new). Is there any step that i missed? Normally i update using mirecovery, but some post suggest update using updater app to successfully merge partition.

@sebsch1991 :

Forgive me if my following suggestion is technically incorrect or impossible but wouldn't it be better if instead of a ROM kitchen, you provided flashable ZIP files that can convert a MIUI-running Xiaomi smartphone to sMIUI?

I can see several benefits for such an approach. For example, much less bandwidth usage, shorter download times and less processing power needed to cook full-blown ROMs.

Thanks for reading!

Last edited:
Hi, i was trying to update my mi2s using updater app (select update package) but it said error and eventually can not update. Currently on 11.5 and will update to 11.19 (merge new). Is there any step that i missed? Normally i update using mirecovery, but some post suggest update using updater app to successfully merge partition.
Same here. I'm coming from 9.30 and trying to go to 11.19 using Updater app. It also tells me can't update. It shows me latest update is 11.12, which seems weird. Maybe I need to upgrade to that first? Nfi. I already have merged data, but need to merge system.

Same here. I'm coming from 9.30 and trying to go to 11.19 using Updater app. It also tells me can't update. It shows me latest update is 11.12, which seems weird. Maybe I need to upgrade to that first? Nfi. I already have merged data, but need to merge system.
I was able to upgrade to 11.19 using the xiaomi.eu rom via Updater app, then did it again to merge system. Need to get TWRP installed again so I can install sMiUI, but system looks good now!

I was able to upgrade to 11.19 using the xiaomi.eu rom via Updater app, then did it again to merge system. Need to get TWRP installed again so I can install sMiUI, but system looks good now!
I confirm. You have to flash first via recovery and than reflash the same rom via updater. Then you'll have the two systems merged.

Inviato dal mio MI 2S utilizzando Tapatalk

I confirm. You have to flash first via recovery and than reflash the same rom via updater. Then you'll have the two systems merged.

in conclusion, i have to flash smiui 11.19 via mirecovery and then after that boot it, and directly flash it (smiui 11.19) via updater app, right?
or do i need original xiaomi.eu miui rom to do that?

in conclusion, i have to flash smiui 11.19 via mirecovery and then after that boot it, and directly flash it (smiui 11.19) via updater app, right?
or do i need original xiaomi.eu miui rom to do that?
I flashed both times the sMiUI rom(11.19)

Reactions: shocks

Did you cook the rom without "Fast rom creation"? You can't enable it for updating with the updater app, because the rom need to be signed.

Also don't forget to enable usb debugging (advice from original MiUi post regarding this update).

Or you could first flash the rom with MiRecovery and after the same rom with updater app, like some users reported.

FWIW..
I explicitly disabled 'Fast ROM Creation' too, since I knew I had to run it through the Updater app. Didn't seem to help. USB debugging enabled, of course.

Did you cook the rom without "Fast rom creation"? You can't enable it for updating with the updater app, because the rom need to be signed.

Also don't forget to enable usb debugging (advice from original MiUi post regarding this update).

Or you could first flash the rom with MiRecovery and after the same rom with updater app, like some users reported.
Yes, i disabled the fast rom creation and have already enabled the usb debugging. I guess i will try the mirecovery-then-updater app method.

I appreciate your work Sebsh and I am really sorry for my lost of temper :-( Google and their Ads everywhere made me a hater of all popups and annoying not site related adverts. But these are :)
Only problem was related to making it harder to use because of this bug.

Never let anyone like me to change your mind about what you are doing.

Xiaomi Mi2S with sMIUI

nevermind.. no problem

i just worked on the popup and now it should only appear once per day. further it should come up as a popunder.. so it will not blow up while you are cooking.

please report if it works now. i will always send you to different interesting offers at gearbest.

further i created a newsbanner on the download page .. you will find important information about current smiui bugs, news , gearbest deals or problems with the kitchen while your rom is being cooked :)

Hello everyone.
I upgraded my mi2s to smiui5.11.19, with partitions data and storage is not merged,
After installing the storage is not detected, it is not mounted.
combined partitions sistem-sistem1 is ok.
how can I fix without losing data from sdcard.
Ok, now i can confirm that mirecovery-then-updater app method works. Now i have doubled system size. But another problem appears: i can not access my storage! My data partition is only appears as 3.5 gb in total. Is there any solution for this? i dont want to loose data from my storage
@sebsch1991

Last edited:
Ok, now i can confirm that mirecovery-then-updater app method works. Now i have doubled system size. But another problem appears: i can not access my storage! My data partition is only appears as 3.5 gb in total. Is there any solution for this? i dont want to loose data from my storage
@sebsch1991

I've no idea what could be the problem, because even I updated with MiRecovery first. I used updater app only after reading MiUi official post.