[rom]-- Smiui Rom -- Ultimate Custom Rom --[multilang,stable/weekly]

http://en.miui.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=189854&extra=page=1&mobile=2

Here're some good news: Mi 3 W/C, Mi 4 and Mi Note will be the first ones to get Android M (6.0)! The beta updates will roll out for them soon. From next week, these three devices will no longer get updates based on Android Kitkat (4.4).

Xiaomi Mi2S with sMIUI
Will the beta Rom be available for public beta testing or for closed internal beta testing?

Sent from my MI 4W using Tapatalk

Will the beta Rom be available for public beta testing or for closed internal beta testing?

Closed beta or even alpha testing first.

I would strongly advice to stay patient, to enjoy the current stable MIUI 7 version based on KitKat and to focus on Xmas preparations.

Maybe Santa Claus will bring a gift, but I'd rather expect next year .

Reactions: bugmenot1
notificacion, at least from whatsapp, still arrive when i open the apk after phone gets into deep sleep

Concerning sMIUI in general:

I really like the concept of being able to cook your own streamlined ROM. However, I seem to have discovered one those "nothing ever comes for free" snags and I'd like the programmer to comment.

Although the latest adblock lists are incorporated into the hosts file each week, it looks as if there are two start-up scripts which are executed via init.d which circumvent ad-blocking and even add tracking. The scripts are

02sMIUI_allow_hosts
03sMIUI_block_hosts

and are copied to the root of your internal storage as sMIUI_allow_hosts and sMIUI_block_hosts.

I won't post the whole file contents here, but the header of sMIUI_allow_hosts says:

# Allow Specific Hosts through AdBlock
# See Configuration File for more Information ->>
# /sdcard/sMIUI_allow_hosts

As a test I'd like you to open "shareasale.com" in a browser. This is one of the pages that should normally be blocked when AdAway or the likes is installed. However, forum links through tapatalk seem even to be redirected through additional pages like that one. Please, other sMIUI users, confirm. My nagging suspicion is that this is the consequence of the sMIUI page having Gearbest as sponsor... Now, I haven't read a disclaimer about this anywhere. If there were a disclaimer in a prominent place, users could still decide if they want to take the good with the bad. If there is no such disclaimer, it would be a scandal akin to what the Adblock Plus programmers did with the introduction of selling whitelist entries.

So, go on, please test my assumptions and tell me if I'm crazy or not...

Tested the website and it's blocked here.

-Edit - added a couple of screenshots.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-12-06-11-04-17_jackpal.androidterm.png
    Screenshot_2015-12-06-11-04-17_jackpal.androidterm.png
    43.8 KB · Views: 227
  • Screenshot_2015-12-06-11-04-41_com.android.chrome.png
    Screenshot_2015-12-06-11-04-41_com.android.chrome.png
    44.8 KB · Views: 264
Last edited:
Concerning sMIUI in general:

I really like the concept of being able to cook your own streamlined ROM. However, I seem to have discovered one those "nothing ever comes for free" snags and I'd like the programmer to comment.

Although the latest adblock lists are incorporated into the hosts file each week, it looks as if there are two start-up scripts which are executed via init.d which circumvent ad-blocking and even add tracking. The scripts are

02sMIUI_allow_hosts
03sMIUI_block_hosts

and are copied to the root of your internal storage as sMIUI_allow_hosts and sMIUI_block_hosts.

I won't post the whole file contents here, but the header of sMIUI_allow_hosts says:

# Allow Specific Hosts through AdBlock
# See Configuration File for more Information ->>
# /sdcard/sMIUI_allow_hosts

As a test I'd like you to open "shareasale.com" in a browser. This is one of the pages that should normally be blocked when AdAway or the likes is installed. However, forum links through tapatalk seem even to be redirected through additional pages like that one. Please, other sMIUI users, confirm. My nagging suspicion is that this is the consequence of the sMIUI page having Gearbest as sponsor... Now, I haven't read a disclaimer about this anywhere. If there were a disclaimer in a prominent place, users could still decide if they want to take the good with the bad. If there is no such disclaimer, it would be a scandal akin to what the Adblock Plus programmers did with the introduction of selling whitelist entries.

So, go on, please test my assumptions and tell me if I'm crazy or not...
It isn't blocked on my mi2s..., latest build.

"Cleaner Bar, Battery and Blocklist" in notification drop down. Accidentily turned in on in "Cleaner" app. But there is no option to disable it . Only shows 'on'. How do I remove this? I hate this. I also looked in notification settings, but no.
Go to the security app, click the upper right settings icon and then there should be an option to disable it from the notification panel.

Notifications are STILL delayed. What's the point of these updates if something that defies the basic functionality of a phone remains unfixed?

Hangouts or other timer apps that vibrate after an interval of time will not notify unless the screen is on.

Notifications are STILL delayed. What's the point of these updates if something that defies the basic functionality of a phone remains unfixed?

Hangouts or other timer apps that vibrate after an interval of time will not notify unless the screen is on.

that seems to be a "problem" with the miui v7 battery saving feature... please go to your battery settings and make sure to disable it for specific apps

that seems to be a "problem" with the miui v7 battery saving feature... please go to your battery settings and make sure to disable it for specific apps

I've done everything to fix it, however the available solutions are totally ineffective. And I'm not the only one with this issue. I've disabled battery saving completely, allowed autostart, etc., etc., to absolutely zero effect.

Problem is present in both Meditation Assistant and Meditation Helper, Skype, Hangouts, and any of the Pomodoro timer apps currently on the market. That's only my small testing sample. If you check some of the filed bug reports, people have this issue regardless of offered solutions. The problem clearly goes much deeper.

Just been trying to install the latest stable build on my Mi4c. Getting my ROM's from Xioami.eu and sMiui. Neither of them will flash successfully.

I'm changing from a developer ROM so in TWRP I'm wiping cache/system and data to give me a clean start but both ROM's dont flash I just get an error saying

"Error executing updater binary"

I've had to a restore a backup to get my phone working again.

Any ideas what could cause this?

The reason for trying to flash a stable ROM is to get normal speed downloads from playstore, am I wasting my time?
Thanks,

Then you must have already edited something or disabled init.d because all other evidence points to the contrary. Also, the programmer not commenting speaks for itself, unfortunately.

What evidences? Those two files mentioned are for adding your custom domains to whitelist or blacklist.

And I haven't edited anything, stop assuming things from others, this is just rude.

Where can I download the 3 way reboot mod? I want to get it but I don't want to download 600MB and flash a rom :(

Device: hermes

~ Xiaomi Redmi Note 2 Prime ~

Just been trying to install the latest stable build on my Mi4c. Getting my ROM's from Xioami.eu and sMiui. Neither of them will flash successfully.

I'm changing from a developer ROM so in TWRP I'm wiping cache/system and data to give me a clean start but both ROM's dont flash I just get an error saying

"Error executing updater binary"

I've had to a restore a backup to get my phone working again.

Any ideas what could cause this?

The reason for trying to flash a stable ROM is to get normal speed downloads from playstore, am I wasting my time?
Thanks,

Unmount Data, the best way is to add the zip in USB and with OTG try to flash this

Reactions: crazyhorsea29
I am facing a weird issue with smiui. Ringtones ring for only once and then doesn't repeat. So if I get any phone calls it rings only once (any system or custom ringtone) and then become silent. Now I am on the latest release but still the issue persists. I am currently fixing this issue by selecting a really long custom ringtone. But this can't be the only fix, can it? Is anyone else facing this issue or know about it? Any knowledge will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

Guys is it ok to dirty flash from sMiui to EU developer (same build) and from EU developer to sMiui? Or both changes need clean install(wipe data)? I want to test both because i have heavy wifi standby battery leak with latest sMiui and previus builds also...Mi4c 5.12.3

What the hell I'm doing 3:15 hours screen on, 1 day and 18 Hour stand by, 1 hour call tomorrow texting, whatsapp ecc with latest smiui in my Aries mi2 with 2 years old 2000 mah battery. Wow that's amazing

Hi, I am on SMUI 5.11.12 and the volume for calls (not ringtone, conversation) is always on MAX. If I try to lower the volume it stays on MAX. I cannot conduct normal conversations with the phone to my ear as it would blow my ears out. I suspect this has something to do with the volumeboost mod I ticked when baking the ROM. Is there a way to undo this mod?

Edit: via Settings - Sounds - Conversation the setting was on MAX. I lowered it there and it was OK again and modifiable when in-call.

What the hell I'm doing 3:15 hours screen on, 1 day and 18 Hour stand by, 1 hour call tomorrow texting, whatsapp ecc with latest smiui in my Aries mi2 with 2 years old 2000 mah battery. Wow that's amazing

how did you get that? my battery life is shorter than ever!
are you using Kernel adiutor, Greenify..?

Using the latest Smiui release?

By the way, updating from SMUI 5.11.12 to the newest version: what's the recommended way? Most of all: I don't feel like losing all data and apps. Is a fast update possible, and if so: how?

By the way, updating from SMUI 5.11.12 to the newest version: what's the recommended way? Most of all: I don't feel like losing all data and apps. Is a fast update possible, and if so: how?
You can just dirty flash it over the current version.