[rom]-- Smiui Rom -- Ultimate Custom Rom --[multilang,stable/weekly]

Have you tried searching for updates in AdAway? Personally I stay on 6.3.24 until there will be good build for Mi2S. Here everything is working fine*

*except weak vibration

Xiaomi Mi2S with sMIUI

Yes, I did, updated to lastest version of everything and did give root permission forever, still getting ads..

Just for the people out there that think 6.3.24 for Mi2s is the best ever: Answer call: other party cannot hear you for 3~4 seconds GPS integration with apps is not-working (Endomondo). With screen off, the app loses GPS fix and will not record position anymore. Google Maps works fine Playing music over bluetooth is choppy. Every half minute it will break up. Tried with Google Music and Rocket Player. You need to double click on icons to open apps. These points have been the case since 5.11.xx, it's nothing new though. Don't know if these have been solved in later versions than 6.3.24. I think these are bugs that Sebsch can not solve. It's mostly Xiaomi dev team that will have to take care of these. Furthermore, battery life is not OK. It's just that I need Lollipop, otherwise I'd revert to 4.5.9 (or somewhere around there). Now that was an awesome version! :)

I'm still having issues with music playback on my 6.4.7, that'd be on bluetooth or with aux cable/headphones, playing mp3s or flacs or whatever, randomly it just freezes the playback or just because some notification is coming and it just loses the playback and resumes it after few seconds.. this thing is going on from ages anyway.

I am experiencing the weird issue, that after installing sMIUI 6/3/14, my Redmi Note 3 Pro (kenzo) does not show ANY wifi network (empty list) on the setup wizard, nor recognizes the SIM cards (no SIM). I tried with and without wipe /system (and /system is mounted write, so no Errors in flashing).

I cannot skip and check details as due to the unlocked BL I am bound to authenticate my Mi Account.

It's probably not a missing EFS, because when I (TWRP 3) restore my xiaomi.eu ROM backup, anything works fine again.

Any ideas? Thank you guys!

Hi guys how is the battery life on mi4c on sMiui? Is it better or worst or equal than xiaomi.eu rom?

Inviato dal mio Mi-4c utilizzando Tapatalk

I'm still having issues with music playback on my 6.4.7, that'd be on bluetooth or with aux cable/headphones, playing mp3s or flacs or whatever, randomly it just freezes the playback or just because some notification is coming and it just loses the playback and resumes it after few seconds.. this thing is going on from ages anyway.
Please do confirm my bugreport (any mi2s users with the same issues: please do so too) at http://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/mi2s-bluetooth-music-playback-choppy-all-miui-6-x-x.31213/

Another bug that probably is related to this one:
http://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/mi2s-gps-quitting-when-screen-off-miui-6-3-24.31214/

So if mi2s users can confirm in that thread: great!

Can we cook rom without SuperSU? I know it's must have for some apps but personally I like how it's on stock rom

Xiaomi Mi2S with sMIUI

BTW, I noticed today that Google Play notified me saying MiXplorer is harmful and to uninstall it. I went ahead and removed it, mainly because I find ES File Explorer to be better.

Reactions: Matze002
BTW, I noticed today that Google Play notified me saying MiXplorer is harmful and to uninstall it. I went ahead and removed it, mainly because I find ES File Explorer to be better.
I was notified yesterday too but I didn't uninstall it.

Изпратено от моя XiaoMi Mi2S през Tapatalk

Going to Settings / Device causes FC and sometimes fast reboot... Issue also found on xiaomi.eu so we have to downgrade or live without these options under it.

Xiaomi Mi2S with sMIUI

After flashing to this latest ROM my SIM-card was no longer detected. Also WiFi stopped working. Reverting to version 6.4.14 solved the problem. What could cause this problem?

Reactions: noem71 and moritzn
After flashing to this latest ROM my SIM-card was no longer detected. Also WiFi stopped working. Reverting to version 6.4.14 solved the problem. What could cause this problem?

Had this (some posts above, coming from xiaomi.eu 6.3.31) already with 6.4.14 on kenzo. "Good" to hear I am not the only one :)

With all respect for seb work..Im with an old smiui v6 kitkat and its far better than those "new" lolipop versions in nuclear items.. Battery life awesome, audio good with dolby app, photos ok with old v5 camera app..( also better hdr results in my opinion) gps ok, bluetooth ok, wifi ok, 3g ok, call audio ok, vibration ok, exposed ok...
I just miss unified partitions to have more system space but now im not playing games so i unistalled the big ones and problem solved. So i recommend if you have kitkat rom, dont change for now.

I hope for a stable version of a LP or android M smiui rom in future cause i feel the hardware still totally capable. I just feel this phone underated in camera, compared to new ones..but we cant expect miracles on a phone with 3 or 4 years. Still do the job.

anyway, past 2 years and an half with mi2s and im realy happy with this litle machine.

mi2s 16gb

With all respect for seb work..Im with an old smiui v6 kitkat and its far better than those "new" lolipop versions in nuclear items.. Battery life awesome, audio good with dolby app, photos ok with old v5 camera app..( also better hdr results in my opinion) gps ok, bluetooth ok, wifi ok, 3g ok, call audio ok, vibration ok, exposed ok...
I just miss unified partitions to have more system space but now im not playing games so i unistalled the big ones and problem solved. So i recommend if you have kitkat rom, dont change for now.

I hope for a stable version of a LP or android M smiui rom in future cause i feel the hardware still totally capable. I just feel this phone underated in camera, compared to new ones..but we cant expect miracles on a phone with 3 or 4 years. Still do the job.

anyway, past 2 years and an half with mi2s and im realy happy with this litle machine.

mi2s 16gb
which smiui version?

Had this (some posts above, coming from xiaomi.eu 6.3.31) already with 6.4.14 on kenzo. "Good" to hear I am not the only one :)

I see. The question remains what could cause the SIM-card no longer being recognized?

At first it scared the bejezus out of me. For a moment I was afraid somehow I had accidentally wiped my IMEI whilst flashing this new ROM.

Been retrying to flash the latest 6.4.21 (Libra/ Mi-4c) for about 5 times afterwards before I reverted back to 6.4.14.

Which initially wasn't smooth sailing either because at first TWRP kept giving me the error message that "install update.zip failed" (in alarmingly red fonts too).

And afterwards booting stuck at Mi logo...

Solved that by solution below.
I can't post links yet, so here the quote that fixed it for me:

1) Advance Wipe > Wipe cache,data, system,dalvik partitions
2) Select zip file of miui and flash
3) You will get Error E: Installation Failed ( Don't panic here)
4) Go to Reboot menu > Select Reboot to recovery
Then it says no OS install but reboot anyway
5 ) After rebooting in recovery Flash again the Zip file without wiping any partion.

maybe this helps for no SIM

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

and smiui 5.3.27 is awesome! used that until smiui 5.12.17,
and after some trolling around with newer versions I reverted my backup of 5.12.17, it's quite good as well actually

Sent from my MI 2SC using Tapatalk

Just for the people out there that think 6.3.24 for Mi2s is the best ever:
  • Answer call: other party cannot hear you for 3~4 seconds
  • GPS integration with apps is not-working (Endomondo). With screen off, the app loses GPS fix and will not record position anymore. Google Maps works fine
  • Playing music over bluetooth is choppy. Every half minute it will break up. Tried with Google Music and Rocket Player.
  • You need to double click on icons to open apps.
These points have been the case since 5.11.xx, it's nothing new though. Don't know if these have been solved in later versions than 6.3.24. I think these are bugs that Sebsch can not solve. It's mostly Xiaomi dev team that will have to take care of these. Furthermore, battery life is not OK. It's just that I need Lollipop, otherwise I'd revert to 4.5.9 (or somewhere around there). Now that was an awesome version! :)
For gps you can try :
Batery&performance/manage apps battery usage/choose apps/ here you can choose app and under allow backround location

Sent from my MI 2S

Me to. Leo. Reverted to previous ROM.

Sent from my MI NOTE Pro using Tapatalk

mi2s 16gb

I can only say that I am very satisfied with stable 7.2.4.0... (Mi4c)

Interesting. A little afraid te mess with the kernel though. How does this work? Flash in TWRP after flashing ROM? As simple as that, or do I take it to easy now? Stable? Works on Mi-4c?

Ähm, that is a lot of questions... IMHO, the current stable is what it says: stable. Just flsah with TWRP and relax...

Interesting. A little afraid te mess with the kernel though. How does this work? Flash in TWRP after flashing ROM? As simple as that, or do I take it to easy now? Stable? Works on Mi-4c?

Flash via TWRP, works fine on mi4 (thread say only for cancro )