[rom]-- Smiui Rom -- Ultimate Custom Rom --[multilang,stable/weekly]

Please guys, I need some help:

Spent the whole day flashing the ROM, tried to erase everything, but I got the same "System 7" error.
Now I'm stuck in the TWRP and the phone can't boot, since the flash was unsuccessful and I've erased everything.
I can't flash even a previous ROM to make it work... :(

Since I've erased everything (wiped cache etc), what's the procedure for a clean install?

Spent the whole day flashing the ROM, tried to erase everything, but I got the same "System 7" error.
Now I'm stuck in the TWRP and the phone can't boot, since the flash was unsuccessful and I've erased everything.

Since I've erased everything (wiped cache etc), what's the procedure for a clean install?
Do you tried to flash 2 times in succession?

Inviato dal mio Redmi Note 3 utilizzando Tapatalk

do you have new partition layout? since you come from older rom. Since last November miui changed partition layout, there is plenty of information here in the forum on that.

Sent from my MI 2SC using Tapatalk

do you have new partition layout? since you come from older rom. Since last November miui changed partition layout, there is plenty of information here in the forum on that.

Thanks for the reply.
Well, that sounds reasonable. But I think that I've got the partitions merged. How can I check it out for sure?

Hi guys, did you manage to access storage with your computer. I can see just charging but nothing else when I plug my phone (on mi2s with smiui 8)

From TWRP the internal storage reads 26446MB (I've got the 32GB version), so I guess the partitions are merged?
sorry can't help you,
other than advice to search inside Xiaomi.eu and Google.

if I remember correctly only after flashing miui5.11.19 the partition table is merged.

Reactions: Tenant
sorry can't help you,

if I remember correctly only after flashing miui5.11.19 the partition table is merged.

No worries, thanks for your help and interest :)

Mi 2S user here, still on Smiui 5.10.8 (miui7).
Tried to flash Smiui 6.6.30_QM5VX1 with TWRP 3.0.2 and getting the "System 7" error.
Wiped cache/dalvik and/or flashed the ROM again and still getting the error.

Any ideas?
Should I do something before/after the procedure?
Did you update your twrp before flashing?

Sent from my Redmi Note 2 using Tapatalk

sorry can't help you,

Hi. Curious to know if he also couldn't flash any newer rom than 5.11.19 or 5.11.20 through recovery? Yesterday, I've decided to resurrect my mi2 32GB from the old kk pac rom. And I just haven't been able to find these updates to download them. So I directly flashed official 6.6.30 through MiFlash tool. All' fine.

@Tenant In TWRP I have (Mount/) Internal Storage 25599MB ; (Wipe/Advanced wipe/Data/Partition Option/) Size 27650MB. 25599MB is just the free space, same as your 26446. So look in parition details.

The one and only thing that worked for me -and no idea why- shut down your phone without a ROM installed. Start it (without a ROM). Obviously it won't start up fully, but wait until you see the logo.
Then restart in recovery/trwp and install your ROM .
Might be worth trying.

Last edited:

Did you update your twrp before flashing?

@Tenant In TWRP I have (Mount/) Internal Storage 25599MB ; (Wipe/Advanced wipe/Data/Partition Option/) Size 27650MB. 25599MB is just the free space, same as your 26446. So look in parition details.

The one and only thing that worked for me -and no idea why- shut down your phone with a ROM installed. Start it (without a ROM). Obviously it won't start up fully, but wait until you see the logo.
Then restart in recovery/trwp and install your ROM .
Might be worth trying.

First of all, I'd like to thank all of you guys for your interest. :)
Yesterday, I spent the whole day flashing and testing numerous different ways, such as the above mentioned (TWRP updated, turned off/on, fixed contexts in TWRP etc). I even formatted the internal memory, but couldn't find a way.

Finally, I ended up flashing the latest china dev fastboot ROM via MiFlash and then the latest TWRP 3.0.2-1 via fastboot +adb commands and finally the sMiui ROM. Everything now works, the only pita is that I have to install everything from the scratch, but oh well.. :)

Reactions: rendolf
i found a bug.. in installed apps i dont see all my installed apps.. i have to re order them and then i can see all apps

mi2s

(for previous version, didnt check 30.6 yet)

Last edited:
In previous versions of MIUI this had to do with permissions. Without proper permissions to run in the background, GPS would get killed in apps like Endomondo, Runkeeper etc. Settings -> Extra Settings -> Battery & (something) -> Manage Battery use for Apps -> Choose Apps There you can define apps that should have unlimited access to everything in the background.

It took me 6 months of furious anger and frustration to find this solution. I hope this will solve your problems too.

It seems that it did the trick for me, thank you!

i found a bug.. in installed apps i dont see all my installed apps.. i have to re order them and then i can see all apps

mi2s

(for previous version, didnt check 30.6 yet)

I think with 30.6 it's been fixed, I noticed that bug with your version, too.

Flashed on Mi3 16Gb with sMIUI 7 build 6.5.25

Getting "error 7" on TWRP 3.0.2 using the settings below

N7ZPuQF.png

Edit: Tried cooking using this settings

kgOKgQC.png

Flash success! Thanks Sebsch1991!

You can try re-cooking your ROM using the 2nd screenshot. Works for me.

Does anybody has no icon on top right when in silent mode? It always seems to me to have ringtone volume on even if it's in silent mode..I noticed this on both Smiui8 releases.

Does anybody has no icon on top right when in silent mode? It always seems to me to have ringtone volume on even if it's in silent mode..I noticed this on both Smiui8 releases.
you maybe have the volume at 0, but not silence mode.
in silence mode i have icon, but in normal mode with volume 0 i dont have it.

check the status in the shortcut panel

mi2s

btw anyone noticed that the beauty option doesnt work properly? i dont see a difference when its on or off