Safest / Best Way To Update

luke cooper

Members
Feb 11, 2016
Hi all and apologies if simple / duplicate.

My gf has the redmi 3. Currently running - xiaomi.eu 7.3.1.0 (lhpcndd) which I installed as soon as it came out to remove the bloat etc.

No updates appear when searching in the updater app but want to get her updated in the easiest and quickest fashion.

I THINK I see it now has this xiaomi rom - xiaomi.eu_multi_HM3_V8.5.2.0.LAICNED_v8-5.1.zip

Guess my questions are

1 Am I right on the ROM - only want stable for her?
2 Can I just add to SD and install?
3 If I do will it wipe any data from the phone - either app or personal such as photos etc?
4 Anyone any experience in doing the above on the redmi 3?

Thanks in advance

Hi all and apologies if simple / duplicate.

My gf has the redmi 3. Currently running - xiaomi.eu 7.3.1.0 (lhpcndd) which I installed as soon as it came out to remove the bloat etc.

No updates appear when searching in the updater app but want to get her updated in the easiest and quickest fashion.

I THINK I see it now has this xiaomi rom - xiaomi.eu_multi_HM3_V8.5.2.0.LAICNED_v8-5.1.zip

Guess my questions are

1 Am I right on the ROM - only want stable for her?
2 Can I just add to SD and install?
3 If I do will it wipe any data from the phone - either app or personal such as photos etc?
4 Anyone any experience in doing the above on the redmi 3?

Thanks in advance
Hi. There are no OTA updates for Miui 7/8 so you have to download the rom to sd. latest stable eu rom is the one you mentioned. download link is here https://sourceforge.net/projects/xi...ulti_HM3_V8.5.2.0.LAICNED_v8-5.1.zip/download
just reboot your phone into twrp and install the rom from there (personally i wipe cache and davlik before and after install).
normally you shouldnt lose any data.
i still recommend you to do a full backup of all partitions in twrp so you can go back to 7.3.1 in case you dont like the new rom or if something goes wrong (espacially as your current rom is really old and still miui 7).
if anything doesnt work youll have to wipe data which leads to the loss of appdata.

greetz