Same Build Will Have Different Behavoirs?

HidRo

Members
Mar 30, 2017
Hi guys,

Using a Xiaomi Redmi Pro 3/32 X20.

I had 7.5.11 installed from a previous upgrade and everything was working fine. Then I tested the 7.6.10 build, but found it a bit laggy, and reverted back to 7.5.11 I had backed up with twrp.
After restoring this, Bluetooth starting disconnecting in the car after a few minutes.

Did a fresh install cleaning the entire internal storage, etc. Same build, 7.5.11.
Restored the APPs and System backup I had done with the internal tools.
Now, the LED notification is not working as expected... Did not have time to test the BT issue...
But, is this normal to have different behaviors even if installing the same build? Same installation file as well...

Is there something I'm doing wrong? Some pointers?
Thanks!

The TRWP backup? It should do a clean point in time restore. The Apps and System with the internal tools, I believe will not restore anything that has to do with the system, but still, the backup was done with 7.5.11 and restored in 7.5.11 as well, so no difference there.

Yes TWRP backup and restore.

Code:
package_extract_file("firmware-update/NON-HLOS.bin", "/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/modem");

I believe installing rom zip updates modem firmware and some other partitions which are not included in TWRP backup and restore. New rom might have new modem firmware that need software side updates and thus bluetooth is not working properly with older restored system.

Installing older rom zip with cache/dalvik/data wipes should work like earlier, but you lose installed apps and settings.

I gave 7.6.10 a new test, installation from.scratch. let's see how it goes. Thanks

Sent from my Redmi Pro using Tapatalk

After installing 7.6.10 everything is running good but the led notification was not working. After disabling and enabling on all the apps I wanted the notification it's working again.

Sent from my Redmi Pro using Tapatalk