Screen Doesn't Respond

hozulak

Members
Jul 21, 2015
Hey guys,

I have been having a problem with my Xiaomi Mi2S lately. First of all, I broke the screen (cracked) so I ordered a new one on Ebay. My friend then changed it and it worked perfectly. After about 2 or 3 weeks, screen started doing this weird thing that it doesn't respond. To clarify, when I turned my phone on in the morning, it was responding without any problem, like it should. But once I locked it (using the power button) or let it go to the sleep without pressing the button then when I wanted to use my phone again, I pressed the power button, screen turns on and says I should swipe it up, it doesn't respond to any touching. Not even those 3 buttons at the bottom. The only solution was to force restart the phone (holding power button for some time) then it worked again, but only until the moment when I locked it (sleep mode).

I reinstalled MIUI with my friend and updated it to the latest version, it still didn't work. I then left the phone at my friend place cause he told me he would try to make it work somehow...he let the battery drain and after few days, tried to turn it on and it worked great again. I got the phone back and it worked for few days, then the problem came back. It usually worked, but sometimes I had to restart it...then it was getting worse and worse and started happening more often, so I had to restart it pretty much everytime I wanted to use it. Now it got to a point when sometimes it doesn't even respond after restarting.

Before this problem started happening, I had a problem with the proximity sensor. When i called somebody, screen turned off immediately when I pressed the name in the contact list and when I finished the call, it wouldn't turn back on until the person I was calling ended the call. But I have no idea if it might have anything to do with the main problem.

Does anybody have any idea what I could do in order to make it work?
I will appreciate any thoughts or advice, thank you!

You mean like attaching the cables to the motherboard? I checked it again and it seemed to be okay. I'm just wondering it might be some fake screen, it looks exactly the same as the previous one but I bought it on ebay and it was only like 30 dollars. I'm just worried to order a new one from ibuygou.com (where I also bought the phone). I mean, I believe it would be the original piece but if it stopped working again, I would end up paying for 2nd new screen and not having a working phone..

You don't have to buy a 2nd one, I search the web and it sounds like the static electricity problem, there're some solutions but I can't make sure they work.
1.lock the screen and clean it using a wet cloth
2.press *#*#6484#*#* in your dialing interface and select screen testing, try more than once even fail.

Last edited:
3.tear off the screen film if it have.
4.release static:remove the SD card, SIM card and battery, then insert a USB data cable into your phone, and you can try releasing static by touching both the metallic part and the floor with the same wet hand, for a moment.
bear my description, English isn't my mother tongue...

Last edited:
I think it is something with proximity sensor. I would try to turn rubber of proximity for 180 degres, yeah just turn it opposite side (other side) . I had problems with proximity when I was changing my new lcd display, and I do this and no problems with it ever again. You have video, but he puts rubber same as it was or maybe I dont see very well :) (you have to do it opposite but put it in same size holes as it should, no force bcz you can not put small rubber hole in to large one :) ) It is weird but it works, I saw it a long time ago on 4pda forum.
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNjM0MzcyNTUy.html ~09:02

Last edited:
Reactions: ilkertr
Glad to hear that. I'm lucky enough, for my M2S screen has managed to survive dozens of destructive dropping since I bought it 2013.