Secure lockscreens vs non secure one

Discussion in 'Question & Answers' started by Rcocchiararo, Nov 7, 2010.

1. Rcocchiararo

Rcocchiararo<b>Forum Donator</b>

Nov 7, 2010
    System Administrator
    Argentina
    Hi

I was unsure if i had to post this here, or in the bugs section (for me, its kind of a bug, but i think it might be "normal" or "intended")

MIUI has a REALLY COOL lockscreen, even more now with the music controls.

The only problem is, that if you enable pasword/pin/pattern security, upon waking up your device, you are directly presented with the "selected security lockscreen".

I am unsure about stock android, but under Enomether's "the official" ROM (2.2.1 based android with optional mods), if i set some kind of security , i was first presented with the STOCK android lockscreen, and after i swyped from the "unlock slider", i was taken to the selected type of security lockscreen. (this happened when i had enabled lockscreen music controls, i am unsure if this happened with them disabled).

i woulde LOVE it if it was possible to have the same feature under MIUIs ultra cool "unsecure" lockscreen.

I really don't feel safe having my phone with no security, specially since the nexus one does not support direct enabling/disabling of security from widgets/apps, so i can't even remote security lock my device if lost/stolen :p

But i also love the unsecure lockscreen !

2. n_i_x

n_i_xGuest

This is the right forum.

The good news is it's not a bug.

The bad news is.. it's by design. We've reported it to the MIUI dev's and they may or may not change it in future releases.

3. Rcocchiararo

Nov 7, 2010
    System Administrator
    Argentina
    buu

maybe China is not as dangerous as Argentina ? :p

i do think that the SMS and PHONE buttons on the unsecure lockscreen might be a problem for what i ask :p

4. HereAsWell

HereAsWellMembers

Nov 11, 2010
    Why don't you buy a tool like "Theft Aware". This will give you the chance to locate, lock, control or wipe your device via sms. Not even a data connection is required.
    This will give you the good feeling to leave your lockscreen open without a pin or pattern.

5. Rcocchiararo

Nov 7, 2010
    System Administrator
    Argentina
    i have paid for a wavesecure subscription.

Its pretty good, tho i dislike the fact that it "ends"

But thats not "enough", since i can't instantly lock my phone upon lossing it / having it stolen, i need it to be secured when outside my home or my office.

Now the "unsecure" lockscreen is getting even more goodies :p

If only GOOGLE hadn't removed "on the fly pattern to unsecure lockscreen change support" on 2.2... i could use tasker or extended controls to rapidly change lockscreen type :(

Share Our Site