Invalid Security crashes when accessing permissions.

nickithename

Members
Sep 20, 2020
I just made a clean install (format /data and wipe via TWRP) and flashed V11.0.5.0.PCXMIXM to my HMNote8T.
When going to the Play Store it suggestes to update the Security app 3.8.8 > 3.9.8 (com.miui.securitycenter).

However, afterwards when trying to access permissions, it will let the Security app crash.
Uninstalling the update will solve the issue. Though it will always be updated via Play Store if I do not disable auto-updates.

Is this a (known) bug or any ideas how to solve this?

Code:
android.content.ActivityNotFoundException: No Activity found to handle Intent { act=android.intent.action.MANAGE_PERMISSIONS }
    at android.app.Instrumentation.checkStartActivityResult(Unknown Source:128)
    at android.app.Instrumentation.execStartActivity(Unknown Source:195)
    at android.app.Activity.startActivityForResult(Unknown Source:23)
    at android.app.Activity.startActivityForResult(Unknown Source:1)
    at android.app.Activity.startActivity(Unknown Source:7)
    at android.app.Activity.startActivity(Unknown Source:1)
    at com.miui.permcenter.MainAcitivty.onClick(Unknown Source:170)
    at android.view.View.performClick(Unknown Source:17)
    at android.view.View.performClickInternal(Unknown Source:3)
    at android.view.View.access$3100(Unknown Source:0)
    at android.view.View$PerformClick.run(Unknown Source:2)
    at android.os.Handler.handleCallback(Unknown Source:2)
    at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Unknown Source:4)
    at android.os.Looper.loop(Unknown Source:207)
    at android.app.ActivityThread.main(Unknown Source:107)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
    at com.android.internal.os.RuntimeInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(Unknown Source:11)
    at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(Unknown Source:274)

Then don't update from Play Store, not sure what you want us to do about it...
Disable auto-update for Security.

[...]not sure what you want us to do about it...
Disable auto-update for Security.

Hey there. Correct me if I posted into the wrong forum. I am pretty new to the whole xiaomi.eu ROM community :)
Since com.miui.securitycenter is part of the ROM and not a third-party app, it works from scratch but not after being updated, I considered this to be a bug, eventually.

Therefore, I also posted the code of the error message, thinking this might be helpful for those who understand :D
But I guess that's not how it works?

Basically, I justed posted here to understand, if there is something I can do in order to fix it or to understand that com.miui.securitycenter (v3.9.8) is incompatible with xiaomi.eu_multi_HMNote8T_V11.0.5.0.PCXMIXM_v11-9.

Since com.miui.securitycenter is part of the ROM and not a third-party app...
Exactly my point. It's a system app, so don't update it from other sources.

...it works from scratch but not after being updated, I considered this to be a bug, eventually.
Again, we do not control what is delivered to you via Play Store. You're not supposed to update system apps at all, as you lose all of our mods and patches, including features not available officially.

This is not a bug, since the app, as we delivered it with the ROM, works correctly.

Reactions: nickithename
Exactly my point. It's a system app, so don't update it from other sources.

Again, we do not control what is delivered to you via Play Store. You're not supposed to update system apps at all, as you lose all of our mods and patches, including features not available officially.

This is not a bug, since the app, as we delivered it with the ROM, works correctly.

Oh...wow...that little detail I did not consider. Now you say that, makes total sense!!
Of course you have no influence on what is delivered via the Play Store and yeah, I did not consider that system apps might be amended in the xiaomi.eu ROM, though are still detected via the Play Store.
Thanks for clarifying :) Absolutely no bug indeed ;)